Para1400 immobiliser car alarm

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 12, 2003 at 22:55
ThreadID: 3814 Views:1494 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Had a Para 1400 car alarm and immobiliser fitted fouryears ago. I still have my vehicle but have seen many other vehicles 'borrowed'.

The system works well but am running low on transmitters. Two died in one week and am hoping the current one lasts for the life of the vehicle.

Can any one suggest where I can find replacement transmitters. Or is it possible to buy another type that can be 'trained' to transmit with my system.

Am concerned that soon I will be like would be thieves. I won't be able to use my own car. Hope it does not fail when I am out bush.

Cheers
Red Dog
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Allan - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 00:55

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 00:55
Vince, I’m not familiar with your immobiliser but I had a faulty unit and lost confidence with mine before a big trip. The installers were reluctant to give me the wiring diagram for the immobiliser so I could convert it back to standard if I had a problem while away. In the end they gave me a ‘bypass card’ which you fit into the loom plug after removing the immobiliser. It bypasses the unit so you can start the car. Worth pushing the issue because it could be a real hassle if the main unit fails or you drop the keys & remote in the water while away.
AnswerID: 15035

Reply By: Savvas - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 09:54

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 09:54
Red Dog ... Jaycar Electronics sell "trainable" remotes of different types for these applications.

Have a look at www.jaycar.com.au.

AnswerID: 15047

Reply By: Member - Vince - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 00:32

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 00:32
Thank you to those who posted replies to my dilemma. Will consider my verdict from a quiet corner. In the interim I will work at ways to cope if the last transmitter dies. Should be able to drive to the big smoke in 8 weeks; have to wait for 20 m of water to drop to below snorkel height.

Happy motoring. Cheers

Red Dog
AnswerID: 15547

Sponsored Links