Submitted: Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 05:51
ThreadID: 3818 Views:1200 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there,
anyone can tell us where in Darwin we can rent some portable communication for two vehicles for 28 days and bring the sets back in Cairns???. A combi with HF frequenty would also do.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Hardy - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:56

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:56
I would try ITS (Intergrated and Technical Services).
AnswerID: 15061

Reply By: Member - Mal - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 15:23

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 15:23
Bianca and Jan,
If you only want to talk vehicle to vehicle you can buy small UHF handheld radios for $80 each. They have the full 40 channels and operate at 1/2 Watt which will probably give you 2 - 3 Kilometers range, plenty for vehicle to vehicle. They are Uniden UH 037 models and are available from Dick Smith Electronics, 47 Sturt Hwy. DARWIN telephone 61 8 8981 1977. When you finish with them in Cairns you can probably sell them for $50 each. I'll buy them!
Hope this helps.

Mal T.
AnswerID: 15083

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)