Trailer Info in Queensland

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 13:41
ThreadID: 3827 Views:2729 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Am looking for a standard Off-Road trailer, none of the fancy extras. Am travelling Cape York/ Gulf Track/ Gibb River/ Tanami/ WA. Have come across a company called Castaway campers trailers. Can anyone verify if they are a reliable company and can produce a quality trailer?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Old Soldier - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 13:55

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 13:55
G'day Munga,

Can't say I have ever heard of them, but if you are looking for a solid basic Off Road Camper Trailer in the Brisbane area you could do worse thatn try Wayne Tedman of Outback Campers 1/23 Tradelink Rd Browns Plains. Phone 07 3800 5100

He builds a pretty tough off roader and will modify his basic designs to your own requirements.

He lived for years at the base of Cape York and spend a long time in that area chasing barra in some out of the way places. His first trailer came from a desire to build something solid for his own needs. His range of "Outback" trailers come from his personal experience in the Cape area, and many of them are used in the tough hire market in that area.

I have had one for some time and am more than pleased with my purchase.

Regards

DennisN
AnswerID: 15075

Reply By: munga - Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 20:10

Thursday, Mar 13, 2003 at 20:10
Thanks for your feed back!!! I gave them a ring today and they where a fund of knowledge over the phone.
AnswerID: 15122

Reply By: blue - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 14:31

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 14:31
hello munga

WIFE & I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A CAMPER TRAILER FROM A COMPANY IN BRISBANE, CAMEL TRAILERS.WE LOOKED AT CASTWAY CAMPERS , AS WELL AS KOALA , AND THE OTHER IN MOSS ST , FOUND LIKES & DISLIKES IN ALL OFF THEM . FREINDS BOUGHT A CASTWAY ARE HAPPY WITH IT BUT SIDE BY SIDE WITH MY CAMEL YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY . NO X MEMBERS , SUPENSION, CAMEL ACTUALLY BUILD SOME OFF CASTWAYS HIRE TRAILERS.

SO ENJOY THIS MINEFIELD
BLUE
AnswerID: 15190

Sponsored Links