Road conditions-Mt. Magnet to Sandstone to Leinster WA

Submitted: Friday, Aug 24, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 383 Views:8458 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
My wife and I intend to travel from Mount Magnet to Leinster in WA around the end of October this year. We are from NSW and I have a VS Commodore Station Wagon and am towing a Camp-o-Matic Converter camper trailer. I have extra spare wheels for both the car and the camper. I travelled the Oodnadatta Track with the same vehicle and camper this time last year with no problems at all. I have had years of experience driving on gravel roads but would like to hear from anyone who might have travelled over this road in WA recently.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Greg Harewood - Sunday, Aug 26, 2001 at 00:00

Sunday, Aug 26, 2001 at 00:00
Brian - I travelled from Meekatharra to Sandstone and onto Agnew (near Leinster) about 3-4 months ago in an old school bus. The road from Sandstone is fine and even has a bit of bitumen on part of it. Can't comment on the Mt Magnet to Sandstone section but would imagine you'll have no problems what so ever. Have fun - Look out for the Gold I DIDNT find!
Cheers Greg
AnswerID: 972

Reply By: Mal Best - Tuesday, Oct 09, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 09, 2001 at 00:00
Brian
Travelled Leinster-Agnew-Sandstone-Paynes Find
early October in landcruiser with Cavalier offroad camper trailer. Good dirt road. Part Bitumen. Good camping sites near road. Dont travel in evening/night as numerous dead roos and emus on roads. Great scenery with plenty of mining activity in area. Plenty of wildlife including majestic Wedgetail Eagles kept healthy feeding on dead wildlife on roads.
We struck a deluge of rain and strong winds but enjoyed our camping. Roads suitable for
2 wheel drive vehicles.
Have a great trip. Wish I was back up in the area.
Sandstone great place to stop off and explore local heritage trail
Regards

Mal
AnswerID: 1188

Reply By: Mal Best - Tuesday, Oct 09, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 09, 2001 at 00:00
Brian
Travelled Leinster-Agnew-Sandstone-Paynes Find
early October in landcruiser with Cavalier offroad camper trailer. Good dirt road. Part Bitumen. Good camping sites near road. Dont travel in evening/night as numerous dead roos and emus on roads. Great scenery with plenty of mining activity in area. Plenty of wildlife including majestic Wedgetail Eagles kept healthy feeding on dead wildlife on roads.
We struck a deluge of rain and strong winds but enjoyed our camping. Roads suitable for
2 wheel drive vehicles.
Have a great trip. Wish I was back up in the area.
Sandstone great place to stop off and explore local heritage trail
Regards

Mal
AnswerID: 1189

Sponsored Links