Problem: Hyperlinks etc..

Submitted: Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 00:19
ThreadID: 3840 Views:1817 Replies:6 FollowUps:11
This Thread has been Archived
dave.

any reason that they dont work anymore??

They automatically put

http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/

infront of all URLs or Images or anything...??
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Paul - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 00:38

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 00:38
Dave,

Not sure if the auto email notification is working properly either. I just got three emails telling me Truckster replied to me.

I thought that if you replied to a post or follow-up, you would recieve emails for all follow ups and replies as you would be added to the list of people being notified for the auto email notification, this does not seem to be happening all the time.

As I am finding replies to some of my follow-up posts where I am not getting email notifications

Anyone else seeing any strange behaviour? Paul
Patrol GU II 3Lt 2000 DX
AnswerID: 15162

Reply By: Voxson - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 07:47

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 07:47
Actually yeah.....
Last night when i was trying to update my profile,, it kept saying " 100 chars are allowed in profile".. or something like that..
So i had a few lines there which i was trying to update but i couldnt..

Follow Up By: Member - Paul - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 09:15

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 09:15
Perfect example.....I did not get an email that Voxson replied to this thread

Paul
Patrol GUII 3Lt 2000 DX
FollowupID: 9211

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 12:28

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 12:28
You were never meant to in this case as it was a reply to trucksters question and not a followup to yours. Hence Truckster would have been the only one to receive this notification. You will get one from me this time and so will Voxson and Truckster.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 9227

Reply By: Hoffy - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 11:53

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 11:53
While we are talking about problems. Since the new format of the site I have found that access to things are dreadfully slow, something like 30 secs to open anything. This is the only site that I have problems with. using another computer on a different network connection has the same problem. The site was always quite fast. Anybody else having the same problem?

Keith
AnswerID: 15171

Follow Up By: ThePublican - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 12:04

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 12:04
Yep, site has slowed down so much that can actually make a cup of coffee inbetween forum questions loading, am on broadband in Brisbane,and is only site to take "any" time to load.
FollowupID: 9224

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 12:25

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 12:25
See response below - I suspect that the menu system may have something to do with it and I am try to collect information. Use the feedback system please and try to URL given to load the old menu system. Let me know.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
FollowupID: 9226

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 12:22

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 12:22
Truckster,

To answer your question - I have not changed the HTML format at all. The other day I made an adjustment to the system to ensure that all users were coming to the www.exploroz.com address regardless of the URL used - this is a gobal thing and has nothing to do with the storing of links in the forum data. All this change was to do was if you go www.4wdaustalia.com.au or www.exploreoz.com etc you would be redirected to www.exploroz.com. Even if you post a full URL or query string the redirect will still work correctly. So if I post a URL to say ARB does this work.

For the others
Well for christ sake let me know if you are having problems - use the feedback/contact us system. I do not read the forum each day. Strange about the performance for some of you it take me less than a couple of seconds to load the forum at the moment as I have been working on it every day refining and updating the code all the time. There is an issue with followup posting but this will be resolved very soon. In fact it is performing better for me now than it did when I first wrote it -except for the fact that we have so much data online in the forum.

In terms of since the site update there is a problem with performance on MAC systems - do any of you use these. Also you can still get to the forum/site using the old layout and let me know if this is faster/better or not. Go to http://www.exploroz.com/forum/default.asp?Layout=4Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
AnswerID: 15177

Follow Up By: Truckster - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 15:02

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 15:02
The ARB link works. But that could be because you are god!

I'll try one now I tried earlier...

TENT

And another.

TJM

If that first oen doesnt work, could be be cause the URL doesnt have www in it?

FollowupID: 9233

Follow Up By: Truckster - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 15:05

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 15:05
Nope neither link worked.

Neither did the image, but if you mouse over the URL I posted its changed to
http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/"http://truckster.offroad.au.com/pics/crapola/tent1.jpg"
http://www.exploroz.com/Forum/"http://www.tjm.com.au"

auto adding the exploroz forum bit.....
FollowupID: 9234

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 16:58

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 16:58
I get it now - Do NOT include the " marks around the link. I know the standard says to have them however to allow me to get " marks into the body of the message I have had to convert them to to HTML mark up language and this causes them to kill the hyperlink. Yes this was added late last week. I am going to do a link add feature now to get around this properly. Can you tell me how the others do it. I have seen something like a [L link text] function somewhere is this what most people understand.

So in summary for now do not put " around the hyperlink. Also can you tell me what you see in terms of performance because for me it is really good - I think the DHTML menus on certain browsers has something to do with some issues however I only know of a problem on MAC's running IE.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
FollowupID: 9237

Follow Up By: Truckster - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 17:59

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 17:59
TESTING!!!

ARB
[url]http://www.arb.com.au[/url]

Performance, IM on dial up at mums today, and its ZZzzzzzzzz... But that could be cause IM used to Cable at home now.. :)

Im on Optus Broadband at home... its OK.. but I dont really sus out much regularly, than the forum and trader..
FollowupID: 9246

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 19:43

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 19:43
OK I see the link and img tags however how with the link tags would you specify the text to define the link you have ARB as the text for the link how would this work using the link tags you have used as an example.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
FollowupID: 9251

Follow Up By: Truckster - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 22:43

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 22:43
David.
I was just trying 2 different ways of posting.

the old a href= and the img src

Then the others that didnt work.
the URL one, I remembered as I hit Send, thats where that Edit function your working on would be handy ;)
FollowupID: 9259

Reply By: Kev. - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 17:37

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 17:37
David , i have a Mac and dont have any problem other than this site has been very slooooooooooow !

To be honest i havent even botherd to log on to this site lately as it takes too long to get through (especialy trying to answer a question), saying that i didnt have to much waiting this time .
AnswerID: 15203

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 19:08

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 19:08
Kev,

I have just spent a few hours writing another entire build. The layout looks the same as the main one however it does not have a dynamic menu. This has removed the enitre menu code form the system. The only problem is that it will take a bit longer to navigate to some of the other site areas as you will need to follow the index pages to get to the content. ie. If looking for the Road Condition Reports - you will need to go On the Road then select Road Conditions from the screen and then select your State. You will be able to get to all content however it may just take a bit more time to find it all. I did not write the menu program and I am expecting a new release very soon so hopefully this will fix the problem and you wil lbe able to correctly see the full menu.

You should find that on your next visit this change will have happened automatically as I have programed the system to setup this layout for all Mac users. Please please let me know how it goes. I will post a new post to advise the others that do not read this thread.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
FollowupID: 9249

Reply By: macca - Saturday, Mar 15, 2003 at 14:29

Saturday, Mar 15, 2003 at 14:29
Last week whilst I was home in Vic The sight zoomed along with no dramas. I am now in Qld using the sons puter and it is still zooming and Qld is supposed to be the pits with bigpond broadband. Both systems are on cable b'band. In essence I haven't a prob with the sight .still the best on the wobbleu wobbleu
AnswerID: 15265

Sponsored Links