Weird animals: are you game?

Submitted: Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 00:17
ThreadID: 38470 Views:4271 Replies:25 FollowUps:34
This Thread has been Archived
Footloose saw a B.Big cat in the Deep North.
Geoff reports a mobile Bull Bar, (Brahman/Ironbuilt cross).
I saw a monkey fall in the drink at Willare Bridge 14 months back.

. Next please. (Aw, come on, no one's gonna laugh).
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Blue (VIC) - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 02:45

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 02:45
I had a ghost at Barkly, but that's a story best told at midnight around the fire...
AnswerID: 198951

Reply By: madcow - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 07:20

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 07:20
Yeh we had one reported in the paper around the Yackandandah area. One look at who made the report and it must have been a smoky morning both inside and out. ;)
AnswerID: 198954

Reply By: Willem - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 07:56

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 07:56
I saw a very big cat ( bigger than a dog ) out near Jackie Junction WA in the mid 90's. It sped away into the bush afore I could get my hands on the old convincer.

A Bandicoot stole a fish from under a tea-towel at Deaf Adder Gorge NT

A Dingo sniffed at me when camped at Twin Falls Gorge NT in the 1970's

Dingoes have raided our camps on a number of occasions

A Goanna cuddled up for some warmth at Jim Jim Creek NT one cold winters night. It was about 1.4 mtres in length and I had a devil of a time trying to get rid of him/her trying to roll out of the way

I shot a humungous feral cat at Wallaman Falls Qld one night as it approached our camp

I caught a Frill Neck Lizard once and was displaying in for tourists when it broke free, ran up my arm, knocking my hat off my head and perched on the dome. It's long nails drew a fair amount of blood much to the horror of the crowd.

We have had many animal encounters in our years of travelling, some of which we have a photographic record of.
AnswerID: 198962

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:14

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:14
Strange bed-fellows you keep Bro, and you didn't even detect the gender.
FollowupID: 457740

Follow Up By: Member - bushfix - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:46

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:46
G'day Willem,

yeah I picked up a frill neck the other day whilst fire fighting. He was a bit stunned with the cirumstances. So much so that the whole time from approaching him to putting him down in a safe place, he was a placid as a slug.

Yeah, animals coming to sniff at you during the night can be funny or alarming.

got any piccies of the dead cat......? :)
FollowupID: 457755

Follow Up By: Joombi - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 22:49

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 22:49
Yeah, a pic of the wallaman cat would be good if you have one
FollowupID: 457884

Reply By: troopyman - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:19

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:19
While walking through rainforest (no track) i put my hand on a large monkey vine and it moved . It was a big python .

Kangaroos ate our hot dog buns while we went for a bush walk . They were in a plastic bag on top of a drum .

While at fraser in the early eighties , camped on the edge of lake mackenzie . I was sleeping outside on an old army stretcher and i could smell like bad breath . Opened my eyes and a friggin dingo was right there in front of my face . Frightened the crap out of me .

AnswerID: 198964

Follow Up By: Scoey (QLD) - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:29

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:29
I can relate to the dingo tale Troopyman. I was camped in my swag (one of the plain sorts that has a zip up fly screen just at the head end) when I felt this cold wet thing prodding my forehead. I woke up (well half woke up) and lay there with my arms under my head, my head against the screen and I heard this sniffing sound and more prodding and nuzzling. I slowly looked up and there was a dingo sniffing my through the fly screen! I bleep myself and promptly sprung into action but unfortunately there's no quick or graceful way out of a fully zipped up swag when you're still half bleep and definately half asleep! By the time I was out the dingo would've been miles away!

Cheers
Scoey!
FollowupID: 457744

Follow Up By: MartyB - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 21:36

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 21:36
I also woke up on Fraser years ago with a dingo's face about 2 inches from my face. I don't know who got the biggest fright me or the dingo.
FollowupID: 457862

Reply By: Member - JohnR (Vic)&Moses - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:19

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:19
Jeff, cows doing silly things like climbing haystacks so they are near the top looking down at you. Koalas in calf sheds, hundreds of metres from eucalypts to the disgusting foxes that come an urinate on articles round the garden.

We used to have a great little fox terrier that could run up trees to kill cats. Shades of mate Willem.
AnswerID: 198965

Follow Up By: Willem - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:31

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:31
What! Run up a tree? Not on your Nellie, Bro...lol
FollowupID: 457754

Follow Up By: Member - Ian W (NSW) - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 16:12

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 16:12
Wife and I camped at Georges Junction on the Macleay River, noticed half a dozen cows standing in the middle of another camp about 100 metres. away.

Wandered up to see what was happening just in time to grab one arm of the blokes Driza Bone out of the cows mouth, after a bit of tugging I managed to retrieve the rest of the garment.

Still in one piece and not looking too good but it was a worthwhile exercise cause the young bloke who owned it brought half a dozen ice cold stubbies to our camp.

Ian
FollowupID: 457796

Reply By: Shaker - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:31

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 08:31
A cow ate all the wiring, plug & all, off my trailer once.
If I had been pulled up, reckon I would have had trouble explaining it.
AnswerID: 198966

Reply By: D-Jack - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:30

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:30
Seen a black panther in the South East (SA) once, near Narracorte. No-one believes me. Everyone just says that the sheep climb the tree before they die with half their flesh ripped off, and that it was just legend that the US soldiers brought a couple over in the earlier years as mascots and left them here.

Was wither a black panther or a friggin massive black german shepherd with a long slender tail, a cat's head that just happend to run like a cheetah.
AnswerID: 198976

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 09:57

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 09:57
yep german shepherd for sure dJ
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 457917

Follow Up By: D-Jack - Tuesday, Oct 17, 2006 at 22:34

Tuesday, Oct 17, 2006 at 22:34
Hey Bonz

You're obviously another person with 'knowledge' attempting to 'cover up' the truth!

I've never seen a German Shepherd drag a carcass up a tree and devour it!
FollowupID: 458538

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Oct 18, 2006 at 18:39

Wednesday, Oct 18, 2006 at 18:39
Oh DJ my comment was tonge in cheek I indeed believe and have observed catlike behaviour in fauna of this great state

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 458693

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:34

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 09:34
In the late 60's we saw an animal which resembled a thylacene (Tasmanian Tiger) right down to the dark stripes on its flanks. This was on my girlfriend's (now Wife's) parents farm in the South East of SA. We were driving along a track when we saw something on the side of a nearby slope. I sighted the animal through the telescopic sights of the rifle we had with us and was amazed at what I saw. I then passed the rifle to my girlfriend so she could witness it too.

Even had a researcher come out from Kingston and measure and photograph the paw prints it left as it loped off into the scrub.

Now I'm not going to claim it was definitely a Tassy Tiger, but it was exactly like photographs we have since seen of that very animal.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

AnswerID: 198977

Reply By: equinox - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:07

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:07
I'm game.

In the mid nineties I was near Tintanara in SA driving the back blocks when what can best be described as two rather large kangeroos with long hair "walked" across the road in front of me - I was the only witness.

Also in the mid nineties I was surveying an area of the Grampians in quiet area (I had the rangers key) when something that looked like a black dog with the face of a pig ran across in front of the vehicle - One other witness but he refuses to talk about it.

Both times I was sober :)

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 198980

Follow Up By: Hairy - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:43

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:43
Sounds like a pig dog???
FollowupID: 457760

Follow Up By: Joombi - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 12:18

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 12:18
I wonder if what you saw on both accounts is what the murries call Bunyips, they reckon on all accounts they never look the same.
I've seen my share of weird stuff & on one occasion I have my dad to confirm what we saw and on 2 occasions I had my wife with me, she was a skeptic, not now....
FollowupID: 457773

Follow Up By: F4Phantom - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 15:56

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 15:56
Its funny how if you see something hard to describe or of its not on record, people are reluctant to speak. My mate was at kokoda and recons he saw a ghost and was confirmed by the local guides who also saw/described/had seen it before - true or not, he will not tell anyone incase he gets riduculed.

One night I saw a close star moving fast and all over the place, I even put the telescope on it, I dont know what it was, and I am not sure I care, there were 3 witnesses but the thing is, when I tell people they "say" they believe me but I get the feeling I am being humored.

So in the end I dont think you will ever get anyone believing a crazy story with not a lot of evidence.
FollowupID: 457793

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 10:04

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 10:04
I have seen the EXACT same thing in the Grampiams at Jimmys Creek campground, crightened the frap outta me and a mate, when we walked over to where it was (we saw it in torchlight) it wasnt there, neither did it make any sound leaving, and I can tell you that WE made not a zot of noise I think even our heartbeats stopped hahahah

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 457918

Follow Up By: Chucky - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 19:18

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 19:18
There is a old ghost story about one of the back paddocks near where I grew up about a girl who was raped and killed however long ago.
I was in that paddock one evening with a very friendly girl and in the middle of the main act I felt a huge pain in my arse cheek. when I looked I had a huge welt on my cheek and it hurt.
Not to let a little bit of discomfort ruin a good evening we got back into it and the same thing happened on the other cheek. By now I wasn't happy and couldn't sit down and my girlfriend was spinning alsorts of stuff about ghosts.

A few years latter at my bucks night the whole ghost story thing started up and I spun the above story out and my younger brother started bleep himself laughing.
My 'Ghost' turned out to be my brother up in a nearby tree with a air rifle.
FollowupID: 457977

Follow Up By: Joombi - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 21:55

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 21:55
LOL, I woulda kicked his arse till he couldn't sit down like my mum did when she thought she had won a trip to tialand when I was a kid, I forgot to mention the lucky green ball in the shampoo with the "W" on it was texta'd on, and it was sent into the company to collect the prize.
about 10 years later at a family BBQ mum brought up the "Green ball in the shampoo" incident & how the company had sent her a letter stating that the ball was not genuine & how confused she was as to how the "W" got on the ball...
after about half hour of me laughing & everyone thinking I was nuts because I couldn't explain I was laughing so hard, eventually I fessed up & you know what, its true that you're never to old to cop a flogging from your mum........
FollowupID: 457996

Reply By: Footloose - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:14

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:14
Had a dingo nick one of my boots from outside the tent around Purnie Bore. It was retreived about 100m away the next morning.
Have had a big brown snake and a huge echidna on my verandah at night. The brown was very cautiosly made unwelcome. He must have told his mate because the echidna was trying to hide behind a woodpile. Fat chance. He got his head in, but the rest of his huge body with the white tipped spines couldn't be missed. Until then I thought echidnas were little fellas.
Killed a red belly black in the kitchen one night. Someone had left the back door open.
These days I'm more sedate. If it don't live with me, SWMBO won't let me touch it, no matter how wild it is :))
AnswerID: 198983

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew W (SA) - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 21:06

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 21:06
funny you say that Footloose - the SDCC was at Purnie Bore late September this year, and when we were setting off at the crack of dawn the dingos were making a hell of a noise (believe me) - perhaps they still have a bellyache from your boots?

Cheers
Andrew who has 30 or 40 ear-witnesses to the dingo's stomach-ache.
FollowupID: 457853

Follow Up By: Footloose - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 21:11

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 21:11
Andrew, it's quite possible. The smell is probably still there :)))))
I also managed to camp between a mob of cattle and their watering hole.
Well I was pretty young..in my 30's.
I put the stampede down to "experience". :))

FollowupID: 457854

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 10:13

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 10:13
red bellied black snakes are the only ones I wouldnt kill, as they kill and eat other snakes

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 457921

Reply By: Hairy - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:45

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 10:45
Yeh, well I saw a blackfella washing his car the other day and know one belives me either!
AnswerID: 198985

Follow Up By: Member - Andy Q (VIC) - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 11:37

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 11:37
Yeah! this being a public forum, it takes all types- no discrimination here eh!!!
FollowupID: 457767

Follow Up By: ImEasy - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 11:47

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 11:47
Only from Racist "Hairy" Pig's!
FollowupID: 457769

Follow Up By: Hairy - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 12:17

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 12:17
Thats funny the mate I said it too found it funny and he is a blackfella ( he was the bloke washing his car)!
I suppose youve never told an Irish, Italian, pomie joke either?
Why are most whitefellas so sensitive about comments about blackfellas but the blackfellas themselves can take a joke and hang one back themselves??
FollowupID: 457772

Follow Up By: Joombi - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 12:21

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 12:21
Hairy, you're right, I don't believe you, someone elses car maybe? LOL
FollowupID: 457774

Follow Up By: Willem - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 20:06

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 20:06
Hahahahaha Hairy, Yep they usually get burned to get cleaned...lol

Geez these city boys get uptight, eh? :-)
FollowupID: 457828

Follow Up By: Hairy - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 01:18

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 01:18
Willem,
As ive said before a lot of my mates are blackfellas and they aren't embarrassed about their colour as I'm not.
It really bleep s me getting called a racist by someone who has probably never done anything to help the people they apparently sicking up for.

And on a lighter note the same bloke got pulled over the other day and when the copper asked for his licensed he said ... bleep is that all, I thought for a minute you were going to ask if I owned it!
FollowupID: 457898

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 10:17

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 10:17
hahahahaha Hairy now that IS a gerat pullover

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 457924

Reply By: Bega Photographer - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 12:52

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 12:52
When I was a lad of 18 I used to go spotlighting rabbits, on my own, on foot, with a motorbike battery on my back and the spotlight mounted on the .22 rifle barrel.

I was out one night near Yackandandah in NE Victoria. The spot was on a paddock about 10km out of town, where the creek that flows right through town, crosses the dirt road. On the upstream side of town. I s'pose it's the Yackandandah Creek.

Anyway, I glimpsed something white, about 50metres ahead, just as it crouched down in the tussocks. There was a light breeze blowing and the tingles went down my neck. It was then that I first understood the expression: "put the wind up me."

So I kept the spotlight on the spot and krept cautiously toward the spot. Wasn't going to turn my back on it.

Then, when I was about three or four metres short of the spot, it jumped up and cleared off at great speed. Frightened the livin' daylights out of me.It was a wild cat, as big as a cattle dog.

There are breakaways cut back into the creek banks from the alluviual gold mining days, full of blackberries among the bush. I suppose the cat lived in there.

I've just recently returned from a lone camping and photography trip to outback South Australia, traveling on my ATV (four wheel motorbike). On my ATV Camping Trip website there is a story of a wild animals in the night as well as several other stories.

I reckon I camped in the exact spot of the camp of John McDouall Stuart at Andamooka Waterhole and I found one of his discarded horse shoes. But that storie is still to be written.

Regards,
Laurie.
AnswerID: 198996

Reply By: TerraFirma - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 13:55

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 13:55
Black Panther at Big River - Near Stockmans Reward...
AnswerID: 199006

Reply By: Moose - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 15:28

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 15:28
Not quite what you're after Jeff but the most weird for me was a horse that mistook my British racing green Cortina for a big juicy bush and took a bloody great chomp at it. Ended up selling it with the teeth marks still there!
AnswerID: 199022

Reply By: Member - Robyn J (QLD) - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 19:24

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 19:24
6 year old going to the toilet in the middle of night walking into Dingo at Palm Valley NT. Dingo howled, child fell back into tent distressed, parent felt guilty sending child to toilet which was straight across from tent, in middle of night by herself even though only a couple of people at camping ground at time.
Seal on beach on Fraser Island and no we were not drinking. Witnessed by number of people on beach at the time.
Jenkie

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 199058

Reply By: chocolatemousse - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 22:12

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 22:12
A mate and I were travelling the GRR in 2004 and couldn't get a campsite at Bells Gorge (it was July) travlled onto Imitji Roadhouse, where the owner told us of a campspot about 10kms before the mornington rd TO. Got there just before dusk, set up a beut campspot in new growth bush.

After dinner AND ONLY ONE TINNIE went for a wlak down to the Dam we had seen on the way in. I took my .30 with me, in case of an attack by a hoop snake. On approaching the dam my mate spotlighted a really big dog that lloked to us just like a Hyena.

Was to shocked to get off a shot even after its second exposure on the other side of Dam, it was in no hurry to leave.

We returned to the camp and fought over who would have the .30 or the .177 in the swags that night.... I won.

We have both just had a reunion in Brisbane and it came up again in fron of my wife and his girlfriend who both put it down to the Grog.
AnswerID: 199088

Follow Up By: Shaker - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 09:41

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 09:41
Why would you shoot it?
FollowupID: 457915

Reply By: Motherhen - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 23:16

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 23:16
My husband was out in the middle of a paddock on his own one day bending down chainsawing a log. He jumped a mile in the air when something tapped him on the shoulder - and turned around to find a big emu standing behind him. A neighbour had a couple of pet emus who went AWOL and had turned up on our place.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 199102

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 10:22

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 10:22
heheheh thats funny

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 457926

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 18:11

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 18:11
The emus stayed quite a while - it was real funny to see one pop up it's head in the middle of a mob of grazing sheep. Unrepeatable stories also about what one used to do to the tractor wheel. When my son took the tractor away to another property on the truck, the stupid emu chased the truck for ages watching his girlfriend being taken away. Son hoped it would have got lost - but it found it's way back home.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 457966

Reply By: GU - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 23:21

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 23:21
Coming back from Mt.Gambier to Melbourne 2 weekends ago, travelling between Dartmor and Hamilton and saw a strange looking dog run across the highway going between pine plantations. It was a very remote spot and the dog reminded me of the dog in the Jim Carey movie "The Mask" after the dog put on the mask.
The head on this thing was about 3 times too big for the rest of the body and appeared from the distance (less than 100m) to be sporting a mane, shortish thick tale and definitely not a feline.

Travelling a little bit further north to the eastern slopes of the Grampians we used to spend a weekend per month for years in the same series of paddocks,east of the old gold mining township of Mafeking. We were only shooting rabbits and the odd fox and had the permission of the owner who was a Doctor in Hamilton.
I remember we used to see an extroadinary number of shooting stars at night and just put it down to the fact that we were away from the city and in clear country air.
One time we had a pair of binoculars and looked up into the sky (night time) and were amazed to say the least at the amount of "shooting stars" that were flying around in circles, figures of eight, 90 degree right and left hands and that these were only visible with the aid of the binoculars. There were usually around a half dozen of us and we all saw them.
It didn't perturb us at all and we continued to frequent the same place until one warm summer night when around midnight or later we decided to go and do a bit of spotlight shooting.
We had only moved about 30metres from our camp fire when the entire paddock of say 30 acres was bathed in the brightest of lights which were shining down behind us less than 100m away and approx 20m above the ground.
We all turned around to see these lights above the trees and were attached to some crescent shape above the tree line.
The lights shown down on us for what I would say was 15 seconds then went off.
Later on when I think about this, two questions remain to gnaw away.

1. Not one person in our group has said a word about these lights in conversation between us or with anyone else (apart from my wife).
2. After going to this spot monthly for many, many years, not one of our group even went there again. We all made the same silent decision not to return.

But wait there's more...

Same time, same place, I was rabbiting with a friend in the same paddock as above when we both heard what sounded to be very heavy thumping sounds on the ground coming straight towards us. We both took several steps backwards eventhough we were clearly in the open and could see nothing in front of us. We both felt that something had hurried towards us and had stopped just short, but we couldn't see a thing. There was nothing there. The thumping was quite loud and could be felt through the ground and then stopped basically where we were standing.

Funny place alright, and I guarantee you no drinks or drugs.

Cheers.

AnswerID: 199105

Follow Up By: Footloose - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 11:15

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 11:15
Now that's something I'd like to see for myself, sounds wierd.
Many people don't speak of such things as they don't want others to think they're strange. I've always been strange so it wouldnt worry me.

FollowupID: 457930

Follow Up By: F4Phantom - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 20:58

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 20:58
Freaky man, I wont judge the truth of that, but if it's true then thats freaky. I would be deeply disturbed as if I were you, I could not continue to disbeleive all those alien stories.
FollowupID: 457986

Reply By: Member - Barry (NT) - Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 23:26

Friday, Oct 13, 2006 at 23:26
Sandman ref reply 8

I believe you,,, similar experience in Adelaide hills thick bush in early 1960's never bother to talk about it no one believes but still vivid for me.

Shooting rabbits about 1966 just on dusk sat down under a hugh gum tree to see where rabbits were running so i could set traps,,,, about 3 minutes later a fox about 3 meters away exploded into life,,, he was also watchin the rabbits,,,scared the S*** out of me.

Barry
AnswerID: 199107

Reply By: chocolatemousse - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 11:07

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 11:07
Shaker,

I dont know about you, but if you were in the Kimberely, and witnesses a large dog over 80kgs in weight, looking like a Hyena, which clearly was not afraid of men, and you had a rifle... what would you do. It was clearly not native i.e Dingo.

Point is we didn't shoot it as we were so shocked.
AnswerID: 199131

Reply By: chocolatemousse - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 11:13

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 11:13
Another one from the X files.

A mate and I were camping in the Coongan River, 30kms out of Marble Bar in the Pilbara. I woke up, bolt upright out of my swag at 4am, and about 30 degrees above the Eastern Horizon wee three lights exactly equal distant apart about 2 kms away, not moving just hovering. I blinked, looked again, clarified what I had seen, and then went back to sleep.

At 6 am I was woken by my mate kicking over coals,and the first thing he asked me was had I seen the min min lights during the night, I said, did you see them also, which he had said they had only disappeared 30 minutes before.

We constantly laugh about the lights now.
AnswerID: 199134

Reply By: Footloose - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 11:22

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 11:22
Certainly some interesting stories here. What stands out is the lack of photos or physical evidence.
However, many were before the advent of cheap and easy photography, and in others people were too shocked to care much I guess.
If I'd just met a little green man I doubt if I'd be making plaster casts of his footprints, checking for radiation or anything else. I'd be too far away to worry.
AnswerID: 199135

Follow Up By: Gramps (NSW) - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 15:54

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 15:54
Footy,

Surely you'd spare the time to ask for his business card hahahahahahaha
FollowupID: 457957

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 22:27

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 22:27
Footie, the last thing I thought about was a camera, I was scared witless and only wnet to investigate cause the other guy with me suggested.

One night I was driving home from Bendigo at about 12.30am and saw a huge cat just south of Maryborouh, big black like a panther, came out from the bush ran along the road and then disappeared back into the bush, I slowed and stopped cause I thought I would hit it.

Then reached fro the door handle and then thought the better of it

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 458002

Reply By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 21:39

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 21:39
Two mice have been seen by some members doing something too...
AnswerID: 199183

Follow Up By: GaryInOz (Vic) - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 21:41

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 21:41
.....apparetly pics around too.....
FollowupID: 457991

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 22:28

Saturday, Oct 14, 2006 at 22:28
Hi Jeff,

Spent a couple of weeks bush camping across the Gulf of Carpentaria back in about 95 without any probs or encounters. We ended up spoiling ourselves in a flash new joint in Darwin when we got there. I raced in to the loo of our 3rd floor apartment where the wife was sitting with feet up screaming COACKROACH KILL IT !!! When I got to the offender it turned out to be a scorpion. Pickled it with the only thing I had at the time, what a waste of Jack Daniels that was.

Regards, Trevor.
AnswerID: 199192

Reply By: Member - Bucky (VIC) - Sunday, Oct 15, 2006 at 07:08

Sunday, Oct 15, 2006 at 07:08
Was out fox shooting one night in Sth Gippsland, and actually chased one into the bush.
Run into the scrub with my .222, mate had the spottie on these huge eyes , and shyte myself, when I realised that my little rifle would be no match..
It made another run for it, and we looked in awe, at the speed at which it covered the ground..
At the time ther were numerous repotted sightings around Hallston.

Glen and I had been looking after about 6 farms in the area for 8 years or so, and over the years had never seen anything like it .

Cheers Mate
Bucky

AnswerID: 199224

Sponsored Links