External UHF speaker

Submitted: Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 19:19
ThreadID: 3849 Views:4399 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Have a GME TX3200 installed and wondering about an external speaker?

Hi again!

Have just fitted a TX 3200 and as you know the speaker is in the unit. I have the unit in my disco in the overhead map stroage area, above the sun visor. This possy is not so good for audio as the speaker is covered by the plastic of the map folder.

The question is!!!!

Should I move the unit and secure it to the overhead plastic console and have the entire unit exposed in it's rack or leave it where it is and purchase and aditional speaker and fit it under the dash. Does anyone have any experience with the disco or fitting the external speaker?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dion - Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 20:10

Friday, Mar 14, 2003 at 20:10
Dolfn,
before I changed over to GME TX 4000 and now TX 4200 with front mounted speakers, I had previously used Phillips FM 320 and FM 620. The Phillips units had speaker at the top, and was pretty muffled, especially in Dad's Hilux. A GME external speaker mounted on the B pillar above the seatbelt anchor point works wonders, and the volume control on front of the FM 620 only needs to be very low. Before my Rodeo, when I had the Commodore ute, and before the change to GME, the FM 620 in that I went one better and using a double adaptor jack, had two speakers mounted, one above the B pillar like Dad's Hilux and the other in the middle by the cab light, so in Stereo, at road speed, no conversation was missed.
So if you really like where your TX 3200 is mounted, keep it there, as a $30 GME speaker isn't very much.

Cheers,

Dion.
AnswerID: 15211

Sponsored Links