TCIS Insurance

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 15, 2003 at 13:26
ThreadID: 3864 Views:1531 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all.

I currently have my Hilux insured with NRMA, but am looking to jump over to TCIS. I am aware that TCIS are underwritten by CGU who are soon to be taken over by NRMA's insurance arm (from what I have heard). If anyone has any comments/experiences they can share, I would greatly appreciate it.

cheers,
Sam.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: timbo - Saturday, Mar 15, 2003 at 22:40

Saturday, Mar 15, 2003 at 22:40
I am currently with TCIS and you need to be a member of a club or group like Tread Lightly.You can join over the phone.
This insurance was cheaper than the others and you can have most modifications covered.
You can also get a windscreen each year.
All in all they are good and a few of us have cover with them.
Tim
AnswerID: 15278

Reply By: Truckster - Sunday, Mar 16, 2003 at 00:24

Sunday, Mar 16, 2003 at 00:24
TCIS at end of March I was told it will all change.

there are several companies in the line for the insurance, the pres of the vic 4wd association gave a talk a few weeks ago at our club, the question was asked...

Just keep an eye on the vic 4wd association web site.
AnswerID: 15285

Reply By: tkd - Sunday, Mar 16, 2003 at 08:41

Sunday, Mar 16, 2003 at 08:41
a friend of ours who has tcis insurance wrote his nissan off on 21/2/3
they got around to looking at it last week ( 3 week wait) and he has not had a response as yet in relation to the claim being approved.

another member of our club with a different insurance company wrote his toyota off last week and had the insurance people there within 2 days

however the toyota did not have cover on the fridge etc.

so like most things it depends on your priorities, covering everything or getting your money quickly.

we are all watching with intreast to see which insurance works out to be the best option
AnswerID: 15295

Reply By: Member - Mike - Sunday, Mar 16, 2003 at 11:59

Sunday, Mar 16, 2003 at 11:59
Sam
from info given to us last weekend at SA4WD AGM by TCIS my understanding is
= scheme will be underwritten in future by 6 companies
= TCIS will get quotes for all new insurance from all 6
= admit scheme was run down and now getting a lift (there was talk from floor of premium hikes) I believe this will now not occur.
In SA the RAA is getting favourable notice for their Oz wide cover.
Personally I am with TCIS, have vehicle and everything I carry covered, and am quite happy!
regards
MikeToo little time in the bush!
AnswerID: 15304

Sponsored Links