Message for KTM520 and Victor

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 15, 2003 at 20:37
ThreadID: 3867 Views:1660 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hey guys. A while ago, in a thread about Pathfinders, I reported some stats on Hiclones I had fitted and you asked me to keep you updated. So, despite some really strong bagging of them in previous threads, I have some positive data to report about the Hiclones and will be keeping them.

Running a Pathfinder, this applies to a 3.2 litre V6 pushing a 4 speed auto.

My last report indicated a 10% fuel economy improvement with one unit and better throttle response with two units (but zero economy improvement with the two). Following that I fiddled with the positioning of the units. I still get the better throttle response and fuel economy has kept improving with every tank full (which I was told would be the case). I'm now averaging 13.6/100 (down from 16.2/100) and get about 11.8/100 highway driving (down from 14.1/100). That's a 16% improvement that will save me about $600 a year. For a $300 investment, and a 6 month payback period, it'll do me for a solid investment.Be good, or be quick.
Rohan
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Moggs - Sunday, Mar 16, 2003 at 20:03

Sunday, Mar 16, 2003 at 20:03
Hi Rohan K - good to hear that for you the Hiclone unit is returning positive results - quite a controversial bit of kit, but if it works for you, good luck. Just wondering though, in a recent previous thread you mentioned that you had only owned the Pathfinder for a couple of months. Not sure if you bought it new, but if you did maybe someof the consumption improvement can be attributed to the vehicle running in??? Don't know, just a thought. Cheers
AnswerID: 15321

Follow Up By: Member - Rohan K - Monday, Mar 17, 2003 at 08:47

Monday, Mar 17, 2003 at 08:47
Moggs, I thought that too. However, removing the Hiclones saw the consumption jump straight back to the previous average and replacing the Hiclones had it drop back down again, so I'm putting the gain down to them. I am hoping that the figures will improve further as the motor frees up.

Rohan Be good, or be quick.
Rohan
FollowupID: 9349

Reply By: Member - NOBBY - Monday, Mar 17, 2003 at 17:15

Monday, Mar 17, 2003 at 17:15
ROHAN.. DID YOU CHECK ON THE WARRANTY BY ADDING THE HICLONES TO THE MOTOR. SOME WILL WIPE YOU IF YOU ADD ANYTHING TO THEM, AND THEY LOOK FOR ANY EXCUSE TO GET OUT OF THE WARRANTY. I WAS LOOKING AT THE HICLONES FOR A NEW JACK BUT THE WARRANTY ISSUE PUT ME OFF. I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO HEAR HOW YOU WENT. GOOD LOOKING SET UP YOU'VE GOT. I TO HAVE A CAMPER TRAILER ( CAMPOMATIC ), GREAT COMBINATION WITH A MID SIZE 4WD.
AnswerID: 15380

Follow Up By: diamond - Monday, Mar 17, 2003 at 22:00

Monday, Mar 17, 2003 at 22:00
trick to waranty probs are with things like hiclones if something major does happen remove it before you take it to the dealer and if you get your vehicle serviced bye a dealer take it out before you get it serviced
FollowupID: 9378

Reply By: Member - NOBBY - Thursday, Mar 20, 2003 at 11:25

Thursday, Mar 20, 2003 at 11:25
Hey Rohan.. I was reading your reply to the Merchandising Thread and noticed that you needed some more stubby coolers. I own and run a business in Bris that makes them ( Neo Cool Coolers ). Send me your Mail Address and I will send some samples down to you.neocool@gil.com.au should do the trick.
I had to come back to this thread to get you direct. Have you heard of anyone putting hiclone in a 2000 jackaroo?
AnswerID: 15663

Follow Up By: Member - Rohan K - Thursday, Mar 20, 2003 at 16:03

Thursday, Mar 20, 2003 at 16:03
Thanks Nobby. I'll send you an email. You should also have a word to Michelle about ExplorOz stubby coolers - mutual benefit, and all that.

I haven't heard of anyone fitting Hiclones to a Jackaroo. In fact, I don't know anyone else, personally, that has fitted them. I just know they work for me, and do deliver the advertised results, in my vehicle. They are worth a try because the "no risk, money back guarantee" is genuine.John, at Hiclone, was willing to accept a return from me long after the 60 days had expired, but I chose not to return them.Be good, or be quick.
Rohan
FollowupID: 9548

Sponsored Links