2 part epoxy

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 18, 2003 at 13:51
ThreadID: 3909 Views:2144 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Apart from araldite,, the other 2 part epoxy i use and have used is called "knead it"....by selleys........
Sold at most hardware shops... It is your typical dough style epoxy which you cut off as you need it but it comes in various types...
(marine, steel, general purpose etc etc.)...
Just in case anyone wanted to know......

Countin the days till July 5th. *Cape York Trip*
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Suzuki Viagra - Tuesday, Mar 18, 2003 at 19:52

Tuesday, Mar 18, 2003 at 19:52
Tried it to patch my fuel tank but it didn't hold long term - but a handy emergency solution. Anyone else got any ideas on what to use to stop the tank leaking now?????
AnswerID: 15501

Follow Up By: rojac - Tuesday, Mar 18, 2003 at 22:50

Tuesday, Mar 18, 2003 at 22:50
Cracked a tank on a hq on the gulf track between boroloola and roper bar.


1. drain whatever is left in tank
2. get beer can, drink contents, cut in into a square to cover crack in tank.
3.sacrifice hanky, not important if not clean.
4.mix two part epoxy, in our case it was for concrete repair.
5. press beer can square onto base of expoxy smeared on tank, then place hanky on sqaure and build up as in fiberglassing.
6.messy as hell but after it set it lasted kakadau then tank replaced in Darwin.

I reckon it could have lasted the trip home.


FollowupID: 9439

Reply By: sensei - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 00:33

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 00:33
grab a bar of soap, make some flakes from the soap, add spit or a drop of water with a little bit of fine sand or dust and nead it into a doe. Then poke it in the hole...If that falls then chewing gum works well and if you have teenager kids as I do then gum is not a problem..haha
AnswerID: 15548

Reply By: Matt M - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 17:56

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 17:56
Have used a knead it type putty made by chem search I think it is called liquid metal! Very easy to cut and then knead till it starts to warm and then apply, ready to drill, cut, file etc in a minute or two. I used it to seal an inch hole left in my exhaust manifold till I could make a cover plate! I made the cover plate months ago, but the putty is still there, havent got around to changing it yet!!

Tough stuff and nearly as good as metal!

AnswerID: 15599

Reply By: Yonnee - Thursday, Mar 20, 2003 at 22:16

Thursday, Mar 20, 2003 at 22:16
Loctite do a two-part putty that's actually called "Radiator and Petrol tank repair putty". Designed specifically for the use of fixing cracks and holes in steel radiators and fuel tanks. Retails for less than $20 at most auto shops.

Cheers, Yonnee.
AnswerID: 15739

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)