SAVVAS- THE JACK MAN

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 18, 2003 at 18:34
ThreadID: 3912 Views:1180 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
SAVVAS .. AS I KNOW YOU HAVE A JACK, HAVE YOU HAD ANY KNOWLEDGE ON THE HICLONE SET UP ON JACKS. I READ ON THREAD 3867 FROM ROHAN ABOUT HIS ON A PATHFINDER BUT HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANYONE PUTTING IT ON THEIR JACK. THE MANAFACTURERS CLAIM ALL KINDS OF WONDERS BUT I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY HAS ONE ON A JACK. ANYONE ELSE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO RESPOND.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Savvas - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 12:16

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 12:16
Nobby,

Can't say I've tried it or know anyone that has. Also, with the variable length design of the 3.5's inlet manifold, I'd guess that the effect of the Hi Clone won't be of much benefit by the time the air has reached the combustion chamber.

It could be a different story for the diesels or the 3.2V6.
AnswerID: 15572

Reply By: Redjack - Saturday, Mar 22, 2003 at 10:07

Saturday, Mar 22, 2003 at 10:07
My '99 V6 came as standard with a diffuser thingy in the airbox, I guess it disperses the dirty air evenly over the airfilter. Can't see how fitting a restrictor in the intake path can improve anything... Formula 1/rally cars use restrictors to LIMIT the amount of power the engines deliver.
AnswerID: 15841

Reply By: Savvas - Monday, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:47

Monday, Mar 31, 2003 at 11:47
Nobby...

I took out the air box from my 'roo on Saturday to clean out all the dripping air filter fluid of my Finer Filter. The intake that plugs into the inner guard, actually has a cyclone on it already.

However the swirl would occur before the air filter and it may just be so the air travels more freely through the bends before it hits the air filter.

PS...Don't use K&N treatment fluid on a Finer Filter brand foam filter. The K&N fluid is too thin to hold in the foam filter. Hence the clean up.
AnswerID: 16490

Sponsored Links