GME UHF radio fitment to GU Patrols

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 18, 2003 at 23:58
ThreadID: 3923 Views:1710 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Now that I'm an absolute full bottle on radio comms as the result of the fantastic input to my last question, I was wondering if anyone out there has installed either the TX3200 or TX3400 in a GU Patrol. (There is no room under the audio radio in mine)

If so, where did you put it????

And does anyone have an opinion as to which model to get 3200 v 3400.

Thanks again..and again...and agian.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stevo - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 08:34

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 08:34
Andrew, read Post 3759
AnswerID: 15556

Reply By: Truckster - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 09:49

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 09:49
I have the 3200 remote head, gives you so many more options on locations to put it...
AnswerID: 15562

Reply By: Member - Cocka - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 14:34

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 14:34
Andrew the remote head is a really great option, like Truckster said it gives you so many options. Stevo is also right about his reference, but, many of the given answers say to throw the body unit under the seat, not a good option, if water starts to come in at some time you will have enough to worry about without groping under your seat for the radio. There is an excellent spot on top of the transmission tunnel just above the left foot rest. The mike clip can be located either on the side of the center consol beside the gearlever or (better) on the side of the trans tunn consol above where your knee rests. I just took one out of my Pathie where I had drilled holes and to discise the holes I sprayed matt black to the top of a couple of flat rivets and glued them into the holes - just looks like a piece of the furniture.
You can bring the wires through the diff switch hole if it's not being used or in the edge between the horizontal cent consol and the vertical (just under the cig lighter) it's quite flexible.
Good luck.
AnswerID: 15578

Reply By: joeblogs - Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 18:58

Wednesday, Mar 19, 2003 at 18:58
Andrew i have installed the tx3400 in front of the gearsticks above the cigarette lighter when removed the screw holes are almost undetectable unless you lay down on the floor and look up.The main piece is fitted under the dash near the steering wheel it is secured with zip ties and there is no need to install another speaker as it is clear enough to understand.
AnswerID: 15606

Sponsored Links