Aussie Flags

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 17:31
ThreadID: 4044 Views:1477 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Im a a parochial sorta fella and I like the idea of seeing the Aussie flag flying at my camp site, especially during the current circumstances.

Does anyone know where I can get a relatively small Aussie flag that I can just slip of the tip of my 2m UHF whip antenna?

I dont want to drive with it, just when I'm stationary.

Let's all spare a thought for our brave men and women fighting overseas in the name of freedom and ultimately peace.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Peter- Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 18:33

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 18:33
What state do you live I sell them in my shop W.A or I can give you an address in QLD , just a tip buy a nylon one and paint the edges with clear nail polish this will stop them fraying so fast , you can also get them on a stick at most tourest shops around ,we cut the stick down and tape it to the arial Peter York 4x4 ph0896411600
AnswerID: 16083

Follow Up By: Member - dolfn - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 19:01

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 19:01
Im in Sydney!!

thanks anyway.

FollowupID: 9837

Reply By: Bart - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 18:40

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 18:40
Dolfin
My sentiments as well. Would add a nice touch to the campsite.

My old man always flys the Aussie flag at his house and from memory he has purchased them from gift type tourist shops in the past.
About two foot by one foot I think.

Good luck let me know how you go, youve got me thinking the same.
AnswerID: 16085

Reply By: Old Soldier - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 19:42

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 19:42
g'day dolfn,

I fully endorse your comments on supporting our fellers in Iraq.

I think "Lawsie" has a contact for flags on his website [you'll have to listen to old "golden tonsils" to find it :) :) :)]

Failing that , the Viet Vets association has a marvellous patriotic sticker which all "true blue"Aussies should have displayed on their vehicle or camper trailer.

A pic of an Aussie flag with the legend: "If you don't love it - LEAVE !!!!"

You can find them at:

http://www.vvaa.org.au/catalogue/Built%20Catalogue/category6_1.htm

They are $5 each and the online ordering system is quite secure [I know - I have several of their products]

Buy a couple and share them with your mates.

Enjoy the bush

DennisN
AnswerID: 16089

Reply By: Member - Cocka - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 20:01

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 20:01
Most Local Federal Members of Parliment issue constituents with a FREE Australian flag upon request from their local office, but I'd make a phone call first. You usually have to have a community minded reason. We recently went to the USA on a cultural exchange and took 12 flags to give to the local USA schools. You can get small and big ones. It'd soon sort out the patriotic pollies from the non. Tell them you'll change your vote if they don't give you one.

What a mixed up world we live in. the best rapper in the world is white, the best golfer is black, the French are calling the Americans arogant and the Germans don't want to go to war.

Long live Australia
AnswerID: 16091

Reply By: Mike - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2003 at 10:43

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2003 at 10:43
Every Easter we camp at the same place, sometimes with up to 30 rellies/friends. We always fly a full size flag from a rope thrown over a tree branch. I'm sure that this year it wil have more meaning than usual.

God bless and protect our troops.

Happy trails, Mike.
AnswerID: 16146

Follow Up By: Ruth - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2003 at 21:32

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2003 at 21:32
Happy Trails - glad to see you're back from tripping. Hope you had a good time. In our campground lots and lots of people proudly fly the Australian Flag when they arrive and set up and we fly one on our own flagpole - even when people creep into our front garden and steal and burn our flag (last time they cut the halyard as well) I always have a spare one - they won't beat me. I'm a proud Australian and will always fly the flag. Keep up the good work.
FollowupID: 9930

Reply By: Member - Royce- Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 00:03

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 00:03
Any tourist gift shop will have a range. I do spare many a thought for ALL those who are in danger in Iraq. I also worry greatly about where it all ends and why...... What a cost. Who of those left alive will be more free? When the religious factions are left to fight each other in the new enforced democracy, will any of them be better off? Let's hope so. And I hope we can get out of this with our dignity and self respect intact. I also have some worries about a flag with mainly a Union Jack as it's major part. Don't worry.... I'm patriotic, my mum's a pom. I identify with the flag and have family members in the forces and I certainly wouldn't object to you flying the flag at my campsite.....
Cheers RoyceRoyce www.funshow.com.au
AnswerID: 16212

Sponsored Links