100 series TD Suspension upgrade ?

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 20:17
ThreadID: 4049 Views:2058 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Have just purchased a 100 series TD and thinking of upgrading the suspension.I have looked at the old man emu LTR shocks and medium coils.any feed back would be great. We tow a off road trailer and travel on corrigated roads as well as sand .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: diamond - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 21:33

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 21:33
have recently heard off land cruiser front torsion bars being very soft if you are putting a bull bar winch ect on it that would be the first upgrade there are plenty of companys offering h/d torsion bars forl/c but i believe they are all made by pedders so give them a call and get a price as for shocks and coils you have many many options depending on what sort of driving you are going to do and the loads you are going to trave i have a 1990 gq and do a bit of off road nothing wild do a lot of towing and traveling interstate we have 4 kids so you can picture the loads we have to pack for a cpol of weeks holls i am using monroe gas magnums(made in the same factory as ome/pedders and pedders coils 2"lift rear h/d had that set up for 18 mths now with out a hitch
AnswerID: 16105

Reply By: Nordave - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 23:11

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2003 at 23:11
Just done this very thing to my new 100 series TD. I have fitted OME nitro shocks with medium/heavy springs up back. I tow a camper and load some gear on the roof rack. I wound up the front T bars to the top of the thread and got about 25 mm lift. I have seen some posts which suggest the may be some danger of cracking mounts if you fit heavy duty T bars. OME seem to discourage heavyer duty bars. I have been very happy with the set up so far but I have not yet given it a good work out with lots of weight. I was a little worryed the great ride of the TD might be effected but have been very happy with the result. The rde is slightly firmer and I belive better around corners with out lossing any comfort.
AnswerID: 16123

Reply By: Piers - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2003 at 20:03

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2003 at 20:03
According to ARB Northside (Traction 4 in Sydney) who have fitted OME suspension kits to a couple of my trucks over the years, and have always given me excellent advise, don't waste your money on the LTR shocks - too expensive and unreliable. Go for the OME Nitro set up instead. Very realible, and better value. I think they're the best shocks on the market - mind you, there are plenty of people out there who would disagree. It comes down to personal taste.
AnswerID: 16189

Sponsored Links