Who is from Victoria

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 00:42
ThreadID: 4080 Views:1642 Replies:6 FollowUps:23
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
Us Vics are No 1
see the Members Rigs State Challenge COMPETION on the left of the screen.
You are on the Forum so you know how good it is !

Become a member $30 and it gets even BETTER (IMHO), Michelle & David have done a lot of work recently to improve this site, and lets face it you get nothing for nothing these days, this is not your ordinary forum and must cost heaps to run.

Show your support & get the wallets out before the $ increase on 1st April.

Current Members get your RIG photos in
we are 4th behind WA. NSW. & SA.

PS no i'm not brown nosing nor do I have any connection with Explore Oz
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wazza - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 02:47

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 02:47
Better still, until April 1, you still only need to spend $100 in their shop to get free membership. So, If you were thinking of getting membership anyway, you could think of it as getting something from the shop for $30 off.

I did that with the Natmap cds. I was $1 short at $99, so bought a Hema map of 4wd tracks around Melbourne area to get me over $100 for free membership!

I reckon I would make the $30 back each year just through the savings you get by being a reader of the excellent forum information/topics .... example, Truckster chasing up cheap BFG Mud Tyres, which I am looking for at the moment ... Thanks Truckster.Cheers,
Wazza
----------------------
AnswerID: 16213

Follow Up By: Truckster - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:03

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:03
Wazza GO WITH THE MTR's..... Seriously.
33's are $250 at Morabbin Goodyear Ask for Michael.

Read the thread on the patrol list about nasty stories on BFG MT KM's starting with the bloke who killed one within 24hrs of owning them!!

heres a taster...

Hi Will,
there seems to be a problem with the newer BFG MT's. Mainly with the strength of the sidewall. There was some discussion March/April 2002 and in between.

some of the message no's are 6400 to 6403, 6408 to 6410 and 6420 (patrol list histories)

The guy i saw busted his on a grass-hidden rock as he was going to park his truck before starting on his first outing with the new tyres (less than 24 hr old) without even getting into the moderately serious stuff and the dealer wiped him, from memory.

I haven't seen him again to see if he got a replacement tyre, but it didn't
sound promising at the time.
FollowupID: 9961

Follow Up By: Gordon - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:50

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:50
Wazza
Great rig. I notice you have a 90L water tank. Where did you mount the thing? I have same vehicle and similar set-up (minus air lockers and shower). I fitted 45L tank (2 compartments) behind the back seat between the wheel-arches but you can't carry too much water in the places I go. Ultimately (for Simpson Desert trip), I want to fit the long range fuel tank in place of the spare wheel. I suspect that's where you've fitted your water tank - but maybe not. I'm also interested in your shower set-up.
FollowupID: 9965

Follow Up By: Wazza - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 13:24

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 13:24
Gordon,

No worries, send us an email and I'll forward some pics.

wazzagray@yahoo.co.ukCheers,
Wazza
----------------------
FollowupID: 9967

Follow Up By: kezza - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 21:15

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 21:15
truckster -10 months later - you are still crapping on about one lame post from some guy that thought the BFG MT KM was an indestructable tyre so treated it like one??? - and stuffed one up and even admitted he was hard on the tyre?? not much bad publicity since - you've never even owned one yet you still blab the same monotone about what is "one" of the most popular and I might add 'safe' offroad tyre worldwide ????????

give it a rest for **** sake just blab about things you really know about.
I at least have committed to the time and expense and taken on both the MTR and the BFG MT KO to trial them both as both vehicles do the same work. AND BEFORE YOU EVEN TRY TO BELITTLE ME again BY SAYING THAT I DONT DO THE "TOUGH STUFF" LIKE YOU DO I actually live in the bush (as opposed to a city)- snig logs SCRAPE ROCKS LOGS AND TREE ROOTS carry heavy loads and literally have to getdown and dirty in my everyday work (as opposed to having cripple controls) and give my tyres a terrible time I have been and adventurer all my life and lived on the land yet I dont seem to be able to bust these MT KMs

Im sorry but what gives?

Why do you need to have a biased opinion so often?
You ARE NOT OBJECTIVE!

SO FAR I SEE NO REAL DIFFERENCE IN THE MTRs AND THE KMs I cant see much difference between the 2 tyres - both have the same soft silica compound and both seem to handle wet bitumen well (A very important factor in my books)They are comparble just the MTRs are more expensive and actually didn't get up a muddy hill the other day that the KMs conquered but I regard that as a driver/vehicle difference (I can be objective)

Let the people that actually own and use the tyres have an opinion.

Ill be taking some KMs across sturts stony desert and the simpson desert in may and Ill tell you all first hand wether they are good or not and even if I did pay a grand for them if they suck Ill tell you. What is important is that people who wish to buy bet unbiased info.
Id love some onfo on shockies but dont bother asking the forum because I know most posts will be "a bloke I know h

again with all due respect
Kezza

FollowupID: 9992

Reply By: Member - Glenn- Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 11:47

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 11:47
Agree with both Bernie and Wazza.

Lets show all how we Vics can win at something.

How about the Vic Members getting together for a day trip or bbq or similar and post some images of it on the site. Could become a great regular occurance.Australia rocks!
AnswerID: 16233

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:17

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 12:17
Ah yes the next member benifit will be members meeting place. We are going to put together a system which will allow members to post any sort of meeting they wish to have via our Membership. That is if you want to have a family day or 4WD day with other members we will have a place for you to advertise these and it will even email all members in your state and invite them to attend and track the attendance replies for you.

We had this idea from previous member post and it is getting closer to the top of the list. Of course you will also be able to invite members on your trips etc. So you could start a full trip of ExplorOz members and post the trip details and pictures on the site in our also soon to come Members trip reports section. Coupled with our also soon to come Members GPS, Track and waypoint swap system. Heaps of features are coming we just need to ensure that we do not go broke whilst trying to provide these services. Keep you eye out for your members newsletters.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 9963

Follow Up By: Ray - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 21:30

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 21:30
Sounds great David. I see membership goes up in price soon. Get in today guys and take advantage of new features coming up at the old price.
FollowupID: 9994

Reply By: GaryInOz - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 15:22

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 15:22
OK, I'll start the ball rolling for the "far east" people.

Anyone interested in starting an ExploreOz 4WD club in Melbourne, open (and I mean OPEN) to all 4WD types and owners, prejudice free?
AnswerID: 16258

Follow Up By: Member - Glenn- Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 16:13

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 16:13
Gary,

I would certainly be interested in something like this even if it just for the occassional get together or day trips.Australia rocks!
FollowupID: 9972

Follow Up By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 18:23

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 18:23
Hi Gary
where,s "far east" ?
There is a lot of open clubs about , I'm in for BBQ /get together etc
are you a member yet?

Would be good if all proud (Vics) put that after there name
it always shows up in the profiles if you have one
but this way it would be seen on the top of the post like mine
nice to know what state members live

(hope this makes sence)
CheersPrado TD Auto
FollowupID: 9979

Follow Up By: Ray - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 21:31

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 21:31
yep, sounds good
FollowupID: 9995

Follow Up By: GaryInOz - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 22:19

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 22:19
By "Far East" i was referring to our position relative to WA. I'm located in Malvern East, Southeast Melbourne.

I don't have a credit card so I will just add the $30 to my order when I need something. Presently looking for work, so money is a bit tight ATM.

Happy to contribute to this friendly forum ;-))
FollowupID: 10000

Follow Up By: Truckster - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 23:55

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 23:55
Gee Gary, thats only 43.48 kms 36:11 Minutes from my place :D
FollowupID: 10007

Follow Up By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 01:44

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 01:44
Hi Gary
I thought it might have been down Gippsland ( far east of Melbourne)
I'm north east about 10k from you
What kind of work you looking for ?

CheersPrado TD Auto
FollowupID: 10017

Follow Up By: Member - Glenn(VIC) - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 10:56

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 10:56
Well Guys,

I am in Rowville, so by the looks of things we all live fairly close to each other. Where is a good place to meet up and when. With Easter coming up I know I am looking forward to doing some 4wheeling. Although my wife will be working over Easter, my 5 year old and I will certainly do some adventuring. Thankfully he loves getting out and about in the truck.

Bernie, great idea with the state next to the screen name.

Just Do It!
FollowupID: 10027

Follow Up By: Ray M (Vic) - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 21:41

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 21:41
How about a trip in a coupla months. Get together at Little desert, big desert, Pink Lakes, Wyperfeld, Hattah...Take your pick
FollowupID: 10048

Follow Up By: Member - Glenn(VIC) - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 21:53

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 21:53
I was thinking more along the lines of a trip to Toolangi or Gembrook or similar or meeting in a park for a bbq as a first off. I am not sure what others think. Just a suggestion.

The Vic desert regions are a fantastic place to visit, having done it a couple of time previously, but the Little Desert is the only one I have driven every track. Border Track is always a challenge, but slow when in convoy.Just Do It!
FollowupID: 10049

Follow Up By: Ray M (Vic) - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 23:12

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 23:12
Oh well, I'll be in for anything as long as it's not a Saturday as I'm always stuck at work.

The Border Track was a breeze when I did it Oct 2001, just one big dune that require a second run. I heard a rumour that some work is in progress on the track...maybe turning it into a Sunday drive.
FollowupID: 10050

Follow Up By: Member - Glenn(VIC) - Saturday, Mar 29, 2003 at 20:57

Saturday, Mar 29, 2003 at 20:57
It will be interesting if your rumour is true. I suppose with the number of fires that have gone through the Big Desert area in the past few years, and the number of vehicles travelling along the track, some type of maintenance is possibly well overdue.

I have never done Lerderburg (sic) is anyone interested in doing that maybe?Just Do It!
FollowupID: 10084

Follow Up By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Sunday, Mar 30, 2003 at 22:51

Sunday, Mar 30, 2003 at 22:51
Hi Gary
can you give me a call on Monday 31/03(tomorrow)

regards BerniePrado TD Auto
FollowupID: 10133

Follow Up By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Sunday, Mar 30, 2003 at 22:54

Sunday, Mar 30, 2003 at 22:54
Opps !! which u could EDIT

Gary my number is 0419 366 335.Prado TD Auto
FollowupID: 10134

Reply By: Member - Willem- Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 21:31

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 21:31
Good grief........David. Do you think that Members would want to meet each other? Might be a few surprises. It reminds me of when CB's first came onto the scene. Used to chat with a genuine sounding voice on the other side and agree to meet up only to find that the voice and the real thing didn't match ones expectations. I think that Members Rigs should be the limit of familiarity. Cheers, Willem
Never a dull moment
AnswerID: 16294

Follow Up By: Ray - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 23:27

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 23:27
LOL, Sounds like you're a bit worried Willem. You got something to hide mate :)
FollowupID: 10004

Follow Up By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 01:26

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 01:26
Willem
getting to gether for a chat /BBQ etc is a great way to meet people with a common interest, always learn something new, also good to put a face to a name, some you will like some you wont.

Anyway back to the thread
Who's joining ?
who's added there Rigs Photo"s

Cheers
Prado TD Auto
FollowupID: 10016

Follow Up By: Member - Willem- Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 10:56

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 10:56
I know too many people already :-)) But back to the thread. Looks like we South Ozzies have the highest percentage of members rigs pics so far.Cheers, Willem
Never a dull moment
FollowupID: 10026

Reply By: Member - Barnes - Wednesday, Apr 02, 2003 at 18:32

Wednesday, Apr 02, 2003 at 18:32
New bloke on the block your romour is wrong as I live up here and belong to the 4wd club thats doing the work. So dont believe every thing you hear guys.
AnswerID: 16713

Follow Up By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Thursday, Apr 03, 2003 at 22:30

Thursday, Apr 03, 2003 at 22:30
Hi Barnes (Vic) & welcome,

Have you got a pic of your Rig ?

I also read some where that someone had bulldozed bypasses & closed off some of the sand dunes around Scorpian Springs I think it was ,
will find out over Easter when we are there.

Cheers
Prado TD Auto
FollowupID: 10429

Reply By: Member - Barnes - Friday, Apr 04, 2003 at 18:47

Friday, Apr 04, 2003 at 18:47
Hi Bernie
No photo of my rig yet but hopping Saturday will be the day.
Not sure about Scorpian springs havn't heard anything.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 16891

Sponsored Links