Hot2go kettle

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 15:05
ThreadID: 4090 Views:6195 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Has anybody out there used the hot2go (distributed by Piranha) kettle or similar. Any pro's and con's

Thanks in advance

PT
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bob - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 15:52

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 15:52
Yeah I've got one. It's quick, holds 1.1 L of water (4 cups), and is very convenient. The ignition button on mine is a bit dodgy - when you light it the button has to be held down until something heats up and it then runs unattended. My copy doesn't always do that reliably. As I said in a recent post about the 12 V immersion heater, this thing is made in Israel, so I was expecting it to be bullet proof (maybe its just suicide bomber proof).
AnswerID: 16262

Reply By: Scott - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 19:22

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 19:22
There has been a total recall on Hot2Go kettles due to them exploding.
The new model has been cleared safe.

They are only just ok and nothing to get excited about. I tried one on a bus trip but found the normal kettle on the Coleman gas stove is quicker and put the water into stainless steel Thermos flasks for morning and afternoon smoko.
AnswerID: 16281

Follow Up By: Member - Bob - Saturday, Mar 29, 2003 at 09:11

Saturday, Mar 29, 2003 at 09:11
I have visions of Israeli youths with Hot2Go's strapped to their bodies, entering Palestinian villages. The advantage of the Hot2Go is that you don't have to get out the stove and billy/kettle etc. It's 'all in one' and ready to go (blow) in an instant.
FollowupID: 10061

Follow Up By: Kevin - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2003 at 13:59

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2003 at 13:59
Scott, where did you hear of these kettles exploding, am interested as i own one
FollowupID: 10240

Follow Up By: Scott - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2003 at 18:09

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2003 at 18:09
Kevin it was on a website about them bursting into flames and possible explosions. It said something about the colour and if you had that colour contact the distributor for a replacement. The replacement units do not have the problem. Contact Piranha and ask them.
FollowupID: 10253

Reply By: Anthony - Tuesday, Apr 08, 2003 at 13:38

Tuesday, Apr 08, 2003 at 13:38
To Paul and Bob

Re: Piranha Hot2Go Kettle.

Alan Johnson of Piranha Off Road Products has been the Australian Distributor of the Hot2Go for the past two years. Prior to that, Lawrence and Hanson handled the Hot2Go. Alan has stated that during his time as the Australian Distributor of the Hot2Go kettle he is unaware of any Hot2Go kettle exploding and any recall on the products. He also believes that as a distributor for Lawrence and Hanson that there was no product recall during their time.

However if the kettle is fitted with the wrong gas cartridge being the gasmate and campmaster, then there is a chance of the flame flaring due to leakage. This flaring can also occur if the kettle is not used correctly. Like any gas appliance care needs to be taken during operation. The only cartridge to use is the approved (by Hot2Go) CV270 Campingaz cartridge.

Problems with the ignition cutting out can also occur if cheap non-alkaline batteries are used. Quality alkaline batteries must be used for hassle free operation. Piranha also carries a range of spare parts available and carry out servicing if required. On the question of upgrades on the Hot2Go, there have been a few over the years but it’s been more in the line of refinements and improvements than faults.

Alan Johnson would appreciate any information regarding any problems with the Hot2Go kettles and can be contacted on Ph: (03) 9762 1200.
AnswerID: 17121

Sponsored Links