CAMPING SPOT

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 16:36
ThreadID: 4093 Views:1393 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I HAVE A PARTY IN NUMURKAH ON SAT NIGHT LEAVING FRIDAY ARVO
AND WATING TO CAMP SOMEWHERE ON THE WAY ANY SPOTS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP EITHER BEFORE SHEP ALL JUST AFTER IM COMING FROM THE CITY AREA IN MELB
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Scott - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 19:08

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 19:08
Robert you don't say if they want to free camp or want a caravan park.
Presently with the drought there are few decent places with water. Around Numurkah is a tough call even in good times. I would suggest if they want to free camp they go a little further north to the Barmah State Park on the Murray River. If you want to leave your e-mail address I will e-mail you a small portion of a map.
AnswerID: 16279

Follow Up By: Scott - Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 19:12

Thursday, Mar 27, 2003 at 19:12
You may like to inform your party to go into the Ardomna and SPC shops in Shepparton. The Ardmona shop is on the road as you come into Shepparton from Numurkah. The SPC shop is on the other side of town. Both shops are worth visting.
FollowupID: 9984

Follow Up By: bruce - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 10:08

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 10:08
The Ardmona shop is at Mooroopna on the west side of Shepparton...it is ..or was ..when we were there a couple of yrs ago very very good with lots and lots of bargains to be had...we had very little room left in the van by the time we had finished shopping....cheers
FollowupID: 10020

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 19:33

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 19:33
Robert,

Used to go down around Reidy's Swamp area between the outskirts of Shepparton and the Goulburn River. Nice place but ground often too wet to camp. In these dry times though, it would probably be ok. A local should be able to give you directions...wasn't hard to find as a lot of people went fishing and 4WDriving down that way so tracks well defined.

:o) MelissaPetrol 4.5L GU Patrol &
Camprite TL8 offroad camper
AnswerID: 16349

Sponsored Links