where to stay (NA Caravan parks)

Submitted: Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 13:49
ThreadID: 4108 Views:2182 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Going around OZ for about a year. If anyone has traveled around mainly sleeping in their vehicle or tent where did you stay? Where probably going to buy a roof top tent, and I am looking for info about places to stay rather than paying for spaces at a caravan park. Not talking about camping on the side of road, but I think allot of towns would have rest areas you can stay overnight.
Don't really know, would be grateful for any info. I know there is often cheap camping in national parks.
I've already picked up so much info from this site
Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stewy - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 14:07

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 14:07
Try this site I found it a handy guide allong wjth the boiling billy publications
http://www.westernbelle.com/

Stewy
AnswerID: 16338

Reply By: Michael - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 14:09

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 14:09
Hi there Miri, there is a book available called Camp Rests around Australia, its only new out, it show all the camp areas, rest areas and town common areas you can camp. But after buying the book I found it mainly to be areas you could stop overnite in a caravan. A lot of it roadside rest areas, not really the kind of places you would want to be cooking breakfast in the morning. I you can find a copy have a look yourself and make your own decision to buy it or not. hope this helps. Michael.
AnswerID: 16339

Reply By: Member - Topcat - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 17:26

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 17:26
Try the latest edition of 'EXPLORE AUSTRALIA BY 4WD' brought out by Penguin Book Publishers. It used to be in large book edition but now you can get it in the smaller size edition which will fit in the glovebox. It has a wealth of info on where to stay & camp plus all the relevant maps as well. You can pick it up at any leading book shop.Have Wheels Will Travel
AnswerID: 16343

Reply By: ERIC from Cape York Connections - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 17:45

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 17:45
MIRI THERE A FEW BOOKS OUT I CANT THINK OF THERE NAMES BUT THEY ARE FREE STAYS IN NOT TO BAD PLACES .
MOST OF THEM ARE ONLY OVER NIGHTERS.
THE BOOKS COVER MOST OF WEST AND EAST COST.
ANY GOOD CAMPING STORE SHOULD HAVE THEM.
ALL THE BEST ERIC
Cape York Connections
AnswerID: 16345

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 21:09

Friday, Mar 28, 2003 at 21:09
Eric,

Just a small note - Try not to type everything in upper case. Upper case gives a meaning of shouting/upset.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 10047

Follow Up By: ERIC from Cape York Connections - Saturday, Mar 29, 2003 at 08:56

Saturday, Mar 29, 2003 at 08:56
The reason i type in upper case is i then can see what i have written.
May be i should get my eyes tested .
All the best Eric Cape York Connections
FollowupID: 10059

Sponsored Links