Attn Brizzy 4wheelers: Mt Mee Track Closure

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 30, 2003 at 23:17
ThreadID: 4135 Views:2028 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just a quick note, was driving through Mt Mee this weekend, intending to do the Jacky Creek track, but to my horror, it has been closed! It was heavily chained, but some people had been able to drive around it, but i was only on a short run, so didn't bother. The sign, that was knocked down, said it was closed due to "unsafe road conditions", possibly due to the recent wet weather, but i have driven this track many times in all conditoins and never thought it unsafe, only interesting. I hold grave fears for the remaining tracks in Mt Mee, because it looks like the state forests attempt to start track closures. It has been several weeks since the last decent rain, so if wet conditions are to blame, why is it still closed?? It really is one of the last good offroading destinations close to Brisbane thats free and readily accesible, so we would hate to lose it. If any one knows of the reasons behind this, or of any other track closures, please share them, cause we are runnin out of places to go!!!
Cheers,
Tristjo.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: colin - Monday, Mar 31, 2003 at 17:21

Monday, Mar 31, 2003 at 17:21
Hi Tristjo, this is where being a member of a 4wd club is help ful as they are dealing with all the beuracats that are trying to close down all these tracks. The more members the clubs get the more voices there are to fight . Also a lot of these tracks are closed and only club members can use them by getting a key through the club, these are deals being made to keep these areas open to 4wds. Some of the biggest opponents to 4x4s are from the horse riding fraturnaty,and bush walkers who also have a voice at these meetings. I never knew about how the system is working untill joining a club. The same is happening on Fraser, so join a club and help our voice. Cheers Col.
AnswerID: 16514

Sponsored Links