Bega/Eden Good Spots

Submitted: Monday, Mar 31, 2003 at 13:30
ThreadID: 4141 Views:1986 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day All
During the week after Easter I'm planning on meeting up with some friends around the Bega/Eden part of the World (mid-distance between us). Anyhow - can anyone recommend a few good camping and 4wding spots in the area as it's new country for both parties. Ideally, we'd like to camp somewhere near some fishing and make a few day trips out and about.

Looking forward to the ideas!

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: steve R - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2003 at 19:48

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2003 at 19:48
G'day troopie a great spot worth checking out is a place called green cape about 40-50 klm south of eden you can set up camp at bitangabee bay or saltwater creek both are situated within meters of great rock and beach fishing and within a twenty klm surrouding area a number of rock ledges where any thing is possible,pelagics and reef species, beaches to fish for big salmon and gummy sharks a beautiful estuarine system (womboyn lake which can be reached from both sides, disregard the private roads signs you are allowed to access its just a detourence to keep people away which works) from here you can walk along the bank of the estuary to the mouth and the beach on the northern side.the beach on the southside is also worth fishing....Within the greater surronding area their is numours tracks to explore.I lived in this area for afew years and just thinking about it their are numours options, And is the about one of the last places from the Vic boarder to Sydney on the coast where you'll feel remote. Another place which is good for camping is the mimsoa rocks national park situated between tathra and bermagui there are numrious spots you can set up camp one of the better ones is closer to bermagui than the others the potential is endless in the far south of NSW.

Have a good one, Steve
AnswerID: 16630

Follow Up By: Troopie - Wednesday, Apr 02, 2003 at 17:04

Wednesday, Apr 02, 2003 at 17:04
G'day Steve
Thanks very much for the suggestions - that has certainly whetted my appetite, can't wait to wet a few lines!

Once again - much appreciated!

FollowupID: 10327

Reply By: steve R - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2003 at 20:00

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2003 at 20:00
i posted some suggestions ,looks like it didn't come up, if its not there tomorrow i'll post them again.
AnswerID: 16633

Sponsored Links