Roll Out Roof for Caravan Annex

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 01, 2003 at 21:38
ThreadID: 4172 Views:2337 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are interested to hear from home designers who have made a roll out roof for an caravan annex. We are playing with an idea and would like the input of other designers.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - diamond - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2003 at 22:05

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2003 at 22:05
we were looking at the idea of doing the same thing but was not going to be cheap so what we did was but a good quality tarp not canvas about the same length as your van and they have rope through the edges.go to bunnings or somewhere that sell aluminium and you can get chanel that you screw in to the side or the top of your van and slide the tarp through c channel with a flat pice .buy 3 tent poles guy ropes and pegs and bobs your uncle .total cost for us was $50 for the tarp and $12 each for poles we have extra guy ropes and it dosnt take long to put up and take down and takes up no room.just an idealooking foward to easter at jamieson
AnswerID: 16647

Reply By: Member - Rick - Wednesday, Apr 02, 2003 at 11:18

Wednesday, Apr 02, 2003 at 11:18
For my 4wd, I used a similar principal to Diamond, in that I pop rivetted a length of rope track to the roof rack and when necessary, I slip in the tarp.The tarp is about 15 ' long x 7 ' wide.
In the tarp I have a centre hole to take an extendable pole, with a leather reinforced patch. This makes a significant difference to ease of movement underneath, when errected.
Next time around I would make the tarp longer...never can have enough shade or shelter.
CheersRick (S.A.): dreaming & planning are half the fun.....doing isn't so bad either!
AnswerID: 16678

Sponsored Links