84 Hilux suspension up grade.

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 11, 2007 at 16:59
ThreadID: 42199 Views:2930 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a suspension upgrade for a 84 hilux. At the moment i have a 2" liftkit and it rides rough, is there anyway of making the ride a bit smoother. Also is the anyway of making the rear inderpendant and not leaf springs. If someone could help me out with this, that would be great. Cheers..
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John - Sunday, Feb 11, 2007 at 18:07

Sunday, Feb 11, 2007 at 18:07
Outback Engineering, Lilydale Vic. Fit auxillary coils front and rear, much smoother ride.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 221106

Reply By: Member - Stephen M (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 11, 2007 at 23:39

Sunday, Feb 11, 2007 at 23:39
Have a 89 sr5 d/cab and is fitted with OME all round shocks and springs I find the ride very good. I have found with my mates 86 lux you need a kidney belt is shocking to ride in but when I asked the question when replacing mine I was told not to put the 36mm shocks in which was recommended by a 4wd place as they ride like a brick. They are fine for patrols/cruisers etc as they have the weight. The ones from OME are for memory 19mm bore in the shocks and definitely do not bounce anywhere near as much as my mates and I got 280klms out of the last set of shocks before needing replacement as they started to go soft and floaty which was even noticeable with leaf spring up front. Mine has been round oz twice cape twice and never had a warranty issue in that time. Only telling you what I have had a good run with other people will also have there favourites but I can guarantee you my new vehicle will be fitted with the same brand with out fail. You will never get a hilux to ride like a cruiser, patrol, prado etc with the leaf suspension especially all round, the ifs hilux's aren't as bad but all will ride softer with a load in them. If you use it for play only get some 50kg bags of sand about 3 of them in the rear tray and will make a huge difference to the ride. Steve M
AnswerID: 221172

Sponsored Links