Subaru Forester Clearance Upgrades

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 15, 2007 at 14:52
ThreadID: 42341 Views:5497 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys,

First time poster and new to all this stuff, so I apologise for just another question on suspension and lift kits.

I'm looking at raising the clearance on the my 2000 subi forester. What I was hoping to get was some recommendation's for fitters here in Perth. Precise Suspensions is the latest found that actually do their own lift kits. I was actually hoping to find someone who has had experience with the Scorpion range of kits.

Also has anyone had any experiences good/bad with getting more clearance out of their forester. I'm probably very concerned about affecting the stock of my bus but still want the extra clearance but not be one of these people who are always adjusting something on.

Any thoughts from anyone. Thanks heaps guys.

Snowy.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: geocacher (djcache) - Thursday, Feb 15, 2007 at 23:04

Thursday, Feb 15, 2007 at 23:04
I own a Forester (2002) and the Courier.

I wouldn't bother. They aren't really the vehicle to take when their factory clearance is an issue with the track you are on.

I did see one in the Victorian High Country last year. Corryong to Tom Groggin and down to Benambra. Gutsy effort but I'll bet he paid for it in damage and clutch.

He thought he had a power problem the first night I camped with them, but when I ran into him the next day 30-40km further on he'd come to the realisation that he'd exceeded the capability of his vehicle. He survived by getting dragged up some stuff by his mates.

They are a great car, good in the sand, snow and even a slippery clay track near the murray or the goulburn but that's about it. I'd not bother going really bush in one.

Dave
AnswerID: 221993

Reply By: snowyware - Friday, Feb 16, 2007 at 10:13

Friday, Feb 16, 2007 at 10:13
Thanks mate, yeh I'm still a bit dubious about getting a lift kit, trying to be mindful of the effects to the rest of the car but I'm told there won't bit with a standard lift kit as opposed to s suspension lift.

I don't think I'd be hitting anything to heavy as you said mainly beaches and just a few already graded tracks.

I did find the other day when I was driving along long point that I was dragging the nose in a few spots and my mud guards and bash guard.

I guess if I do get the lift it should always be reversible without too much hassle.Its pretty hard to find anyone over here who does them and find people who have had them done. Although i'm about to contact the Subi club.

Cheers
AnswerID: 222061

Sponsored Links