Rundall River National Park

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 22:33
ThreadID: 4235 Views:3085 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
Planning to travel up the CSR at the beginning of June and I am wondering whether any of the Forum have travelled to the Rundall River NP and is it worth the extra distance and time
Raywanderin' in retirement. victor 2010
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Topcat - Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 23:24

Saturday, Apr 05, 2003 at 23:24
Hi Raymond, if you have got the time then it's worth seeing. The track in from the Talawana Track is not all that rough & there are some good spots to camp about half way before the Rudall River Crossing, where a bore has been sunk & has good water.
Some good camp spots at the river crossing as well. The access track into the Desert Queen Baths is very rough with a lot of steep crossings encountered so the travelling is very slow, and care must be taken,
but once your there the scenery is quite spectactular. Did the trip a couple of years back coming in from Telfer. Check my web site for some pics. Cheers.Have Wheels Will Travel
AnswerID: 16948

Follow Up By: Member - Raymond - Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 08:58

Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 08:58
Thanks Topcat
The pictures look great, I think we will take the time to have a look. We have a Gu ute with a camper on back and a GQ with rooftop camper, we will travel up the CSR to well 23 and then head across and have a look
Ray
PS I liked the web sitewanderin' in retirement. victor 2010
FollowupID: 10570

Reply By: Member - Errol (WA) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 15:11

Sunday, Apr 06, 2003 at 15:11
Wander down to York in July or after Augest , as we will be going out there then , we can compear trips . Was there myself cuople of years ago , well worth it , wouldnt go back if i didnt think so . We drive a GU ute extra cab with roof top camper .Hope to have a pic on here after our next trip ( next week , 6 sleeps to go ) .Why go overseas when you can Exploroz

ERROL
AnswerID: 16972

Reply By: Member - Bigbear - Tuesday, Apr 08, 2003 at 23:16

Tuesday, Apr 08, 2003 at 23:16
Raymond

We did this trip last year in June. Was a terriffic experience and some excellent scenery. Well worth the effort to go into Rudall River and have look aound. Do some research and you will find there are quite a few different sites to see. We spent about 4 days in the park & saw heaps of camels. Loved Dessert Queen Baths, very pretty spot but as mentioned a rough track in but no worries if you take it easy.
We then went on to past Telfer to Carrawine Gorge and came out at Nullagine, That trek is really worth the effort. Check out trek notes from Dave & Michelle

PeterBush Bappo's 4WD Club
AnswerID: 17186

Sponsored Links