Trip / trek info

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 03, 2007 at 22:28
ThreadID: 42896 Views:1970 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

Still planning my escape later this year to SA and looking at the map I wondered if it was worth the effort to get off the main roads and see whats about.

So instead of going Bris - Charlieville - Cooladdi - Quilpie - Windorah. I was thinking of Bris - Charlieville out via the Charleville Advale Rd (track) - Laniglo Crossing - Lake dartmount (Mariala National Park) Adavale - To Welford National park - back to Windorah.

Question: has anyone been this way and what is it like ? ........ as my escape is in the school hols I just figured heaps would be on the main roads I would try somethings a little more remote.

I plan on leaving around the 26th of June if anyone else is interested in joining in a relaxed trip to Birdsville arriving around the 4 - 5th July to meet a few others to then head to Flinders Range.

If fuel available at Adavale?

Any info must welcome

Thanks
Brian

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Footloose - Saturday, Mar 03, 2007 at 22:43

Saturday, Mar 03, 2007 at 22:43
Brian, I'm planning on being in the Ville around the end of your times. Keep an eye out for the two blokes in a white series 80 with a spare and big radio aerial on the back. I'll be the old one, the other will use Kiwi speak.
AnswerID: 225148

Follow Up By: Member - Brian H (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 03, 2007 at 23:16

Saturday, Mar 03, 2007 at 23:16
Same Footloose ......... watch out for my rig :) most likely stabled outside the PUB ....... only to taste test the local hmmmm water :)

Brian
FollowupID: 486090

Reply By: Garbutt - Sunday, Mar 04, 2007 at 07:58

Sunday, Mar 04, 2007 at 07:58
The road through Adavale is fine, we went that way 2 yrs ago. There is a pub in Adavale but no fuel from memory.
AnswerID: 225174

Sponsored Links