Qusstion for truckster

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 09, 2003 at 11:51
ThreadID: 4311 Views:1155 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
trying to join patrol site on yahoo evertime i clik on link it shuts down internet conection any clue why.

ps dont get upset david as i always come here first. Be nice if some of the anon visitors would put hands in pockets and support your great site to help this service to us going.Wish i was still here / Gulf in July
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster - Wednesday, Apr 09, 2003 at 13:09

Wednesday, Apr 09, 2003 at 13:09
First thing is to
GO HERE and run Windows Update! Update everything critical, and or security, and maybe even IE if you arent running V6, could be a problem with IE, not the site. Everyone should run Windows update once a month at least!

reboot after installin updates, and then try the homepage again, if that fails, send an email just like it says below.... No subject, or anytihng in the body, just an email.

Patrol4WD-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

AnswerID: 17220

Follow Up By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Wednesday, Apr 09, 2003 at 16:12

Wednesday, Apr 09, 2003 at 16:12
Thanks truckster
I have auotupdate so i dont miss any & v6 ,will try emailWish i was still here / Gulf in July
FollowupID: 10756

Reply By: Kev. - Wednesday, Apr 09, 2003 at 16:14

Wednesday, Apr 09, 2003 at 16:14
BJ,
We have an option to be a member or not and at the moment i choose not to!(maybe later)

There are other ways to support this site other than money , and its what im doing right now, CONTRIBUTING.

The way i see it is im giving as much as im getting in return, ie opinions and advice so for me to log on every day or two i am doing my bit.

Others may disgree !
AnswerID: 17235

Follow Up By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Wednesday, Apr 09, 2003 at 22:59

Wednesday, Apr 09, 2003 at 22:59
Just interested - you say you give as much as you get... do you mean you ONLY use the forum part of ExplorOz? Why, when there is so much other stuff here? As I said, just interested...ExplorOz
FollowupID: 10781

Follow Up By: Kev. - Thursday, Apr 10, 2003 at 08:28

Thursday, Apr 10, 2003 at 08:28
Hi Michelle,
I must admit i only use the forum most of the time as i find the daily discussion on the topics posted interesting but saying that, there is a lot of good info here to be found.
I have explored the rest of the site but not on a regular basis.

FollowupID: 10791

Follow Up By: Truckster (Mexico) - Thursday, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:13

Thursday, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:13
Michelle...

I'm the same really... I have the forum URL as the bookmark on my link bar, and really only check the forum and the Trader daily, but I do surf the rest of the site once a week.

I also choose not to at the moment, as
1) money is tight - havent worked for 12 months, and have only just got clearance to go back to work from Dr from my 30th operation since the accident...

2) I'm not travelling cause of this, and wouldn't really benefit from membership or save any money buying things, and 12 mths membership would be wasted in that way, so no point YET <<-- I say yet, as when I am financial, and travelling, needing things, I will. I dont get a woody from having MEMBER infront of my name.. I'll change it to say that in a minute to prove it.

Onto the site,
If your not really lookin for something, maps, tips, business, planning, requirements etc etc or not travelling at the moment then theres no real reason to look at the rest every day. Most of it doesnt change daily, once a week is good enough...

Its a top site, dont get me wrong there, and theres nothing you can do to change that, its the same with every site, when things don't change all the time, then I wouldnt expect people to goto every page daily. Was just saying to someone else, theres about 12 Forsale Forums I check 2 times a day. I hate missing a bargain. Specially since I havent worked for 12 mths due to my operations, and accident, and I've only had a clearance from the Dr from my last operation to go back to work for a ~month.. Moneys tighter than a mozzies bum...

NOW KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK..... Its one of the better sites around.
FollowupID: 10800

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)