Next-G with Samsung 701 and Portable Hands Free

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 14, 2007 at 21:53
ThreadID: 43265 Views:2632 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Have changed my Nokia CDMA (contract expires 6/07)for the Samsung Next-G , at zero changeover cost .

Same $40 plan X 24 months and I sought and had thrown in a Portable Hands Free Bluetooth wireless car kit (said to be worth $139).

Deal done at Telstra shop Runaway Bay, and for an extra $8 pm I get some package for data use to cover emails etc.
Was going to wait until CDMA was taken off the air but the Hands free Bluetooth for free was too tempting.
The large letters/numbers with the 701 was another thing which beat my old Nokia hands down, in the viewing stakes.

The kit is affixed to the sunvisor by way of a metal clip which attaches to magnets on back of bluetooth kit.

Pedro

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Doug T (W.A) - Wednesday, Mar 14, 2007 at 22:14

Wednesday, Mar 14, 2007 at 22:14
Peter
What a coincidence , I got one of those today at the Warton Rd shopping center Telstra Shop,I looked at the LG but I think the 701 is better, My hands free goes through the Garmin Nuvi 660, Gave it a test and by calling my Daughter in NSW and the set it through the FM Radio, Bloody perfect it is and very loud if need be.
My CDMA was a Kyocera 440 ,

Doug
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 227523

Follow Up By: Member - Peter R (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 14, 2007 at 22:32

Wednesday, Mar 14, 2007 at 22:32
Doug,
I saw 2 more being purchased while I waited so they must be popular.

The Bluetooth I got is a "SuperTooth 11" (Blue ant wireless) and apparently after "pairing" it with the 701 I can use it anywhere provided the mobile is within 10 metres.

Seems to be the ideal device for use in various vehicles or home /office.
Am charging it up at moment so will give it a try tomorrow.

Pedro
FollowupID: 488271

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Thursday, Mar 15, 2007 at 09:47

Thursday, Mar 15, 2007 at 09:47
Peter,

I have a SuperTooth II as well. I'm not overly happy with the mike pickup compared to the Nokia system I use for the 2112 CDMA.
Speaker volume is good and they are reasonably practical, just wish the microphone pickup was better.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 488345

Reply By: Member - Doug T (W.A) - Wednesday, Mar 14, 2007 at 22:42

Wednesday, Mar 14, 2007 at 22:42
Peter
If the Nuvi is too much of a problem they had some other HFKs there that looked like little UFOs so will get one of them, the only time the Nuvi would be a problem is when I wanted to listen to AM on the car Radio, Therefor what I could do is get an old radio and mount it in the back , run a small speaker to just behind the the drivers seat , and leave it on a pre-set FM frequency just for the phone and it would be a cheap HFK , one of those old Toyota radios .... like the one I tossed out about 5 years ago ....lol, wreckers would have them, Supercheap , for about $40 and have it wired to the ingnition,

Doug
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 227533

Reply By: Upstart - Wednesday, Mar 14, 2007 at 23:43

Wednesday, Mar 14, 2007 at 23:43
I got a Samsung 701 a few months ago and loved it. Unfortunately after a few beers I went for a swim in the pool with the phone still in my pocket. Yep, it's stuffed.
AnswerID: 227557

Follow Up By: Kumunara (NT) - Thursday, Mar 15, 2007 at 00:03

Thursday, Mar 15, 2007 at 00:03
I can understand how you could make a simple error like that. It is a hot country and you have to keep up the fluids or you dehydrate. You would think they would know what aussies are like and make them waterproof.
Life's great and it just keeps getting better

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 488302

Reply By: Russel & Mary - Thursday, Mar 15, 2007 at 08:34

Thursday, Mar 15, 2007 at 08:34
I bought my Samsung 4 months ago and it has some irritating features. It doesn't have the pulling power of my old cdma on our farm. In the city it's fine and the one charge will last 4 or 5 days, back home I have to charge every night. I can't see the time without opening the phone despite the front lcd panel having a clock, it still has to be openned to turn on the "battery saving" light. It doesn't have a light or flash for shots in low light. You can't attatch an external aerial.
It does, however have a 512mb card for videos and snaps. It has large text and quite easy to navigate. There you go, everything in life is a compromise. Rus.
AnswerID: 227596

Sponsored Links