for truckster

Submitted: Friday, Apr 11, 2003 at 21:03
ThreadID: 4355 Views:1396 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
i remember reading the other day you saying something about gq floors cracking where the fire wall meets.i remember some one saying some thing obout not giving worst case scenarios.well guess what the next gq that came in first service thursday low and behold i decided to check out what you were on about and most of the floor/fire wall on the drivers side near the tranmission hump was seporated about 12".told the guy about it and has he had any squeeks/knocking(i hadnt road tested bye then)and he said it has a knocking/rattle noise on some roads but not all the time.you got no idea how hard this is to say lololol but you might have been right lol. looking foward to easter at jamieson
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Apr 11, 2003 at 23:12

Friday, Apr 11, 2003 at 23:12
You will make me blush in a minute... :)~

Glad to save you some time looking for things. If it gives you a head start on finding things, you can then impress customers by saying it took 10 mins to find not 10 hours.. but then you cant charge them as much ;)

Take care have a good weekend.
AnswerID: 17426

Follow Up By: David N. - Saturday, Apr 12, 2003 at 11:12

Saturday, Apr 12, 2003 at 11:12
Good on 'ya Bruce. I just love this forum!
Just got my fan clutch back from Berrima and will fit this weekend $88 + $10 p&p.
Have you any advice about radiator recores- I'm up for one soon?
FollowupID: 10942

Reply By: Mark - Saturday, Apr 12, 2003 at 19:14

Saturday, Apr 12, 2003 at 19:14
Sorry if this sounds stupid , where exactly should I be looking for this problem(firewall etc ?????)as I have a '92 GQ and would like to check it out. I have replaced all the body mounts but still have a Knocking noise.

Is this problem easily repaired or is it big $'s

Thanks in advance

Mark.
AnswerID: 17479

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Sunday, Apr 13, 2003 at 09:07

Sunday, Apr 13, 2003 at 09:07
Mark..

In the footwell, below the pedals, rip up the carpet, and look down where the floor and firewall meets thats one place..

Apparently they also get a 'buckle' in the floor from shagged bodymount rubbers, and this is just something you have to live with.

Talked to my local nissan man, he said (off the record with a few beers!) that theres not much you can do if its not the floor mounts, or cracked firewall/floorpan. The buckle is just Rolf harris with his old wobble board....

have you checked the other rubbers on things like control arms, panhards, etc... its 11ys old, and if its been offroad a bit, corrigations take their toll on rubbers!

Good Luck with it.
FollowupID: 10965

Reply By: bruce.h - Monday, Apr 14, 2003 at 17:17

Monday, Apr 14, 2003 at 17:17
gday guys
also pop your bonnet & look at the fire wall whereit joins the gaurd mine cracked on both sides as well as at the floor ihad a simmlilar clunking noise & found that the crack was opening & closing with a bang
regards bruce
AnswerID: 17595

Sponsored Links