Wyperfield National Park

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 12, 2003 at 20:52
ThreadID: 4371 Views:2722 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Heading past Wyperfield National Park soon and thought I'd call in for a look.What is there to see and do there?
Thanks for your help.Alpaca
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Sunday, Apr 13, 2003 at 00:36

Sunday, Apr 13, 2003 at 00:36
I visited up there donkeys ago and it was a spectacular sight after rain i have heard after the fires the regrowth is worth checking out . go and do a quick loop at the least and let us know how you went .
Big desert is up that way too (another nice place or my favourite is Hattah lakes good spot to walk and veg out especially if there is water in the lakes. plenty of goannas emus and skippies up there and galahs to wake you up.
have fun1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
AnswerID: 17494

Follow Up By: Member - Willem- Sunday, Apr 13, 2003 at 08:37

Sunday, Apr 13, 2003 at 08:37
I agree with all of the above. When I was there in '99 they were busy working on the camp sites. Whyperfield gives you a feeling of remoteness. Did not drive right through the park as some of the tracks were washed out and we weren't set up for 'offroading'. I drove through Big Desert in 2001. Got caught in the rain. It was very slippery and spent most of the track in 4wd. There is a good campsite on Lake Hindmarsh a short way west of Jeparit. You could also drive through the Murray-Sunset NP past the Pink Lakes and Rocket Lake. All pretty remote so close to 'civilisation'. Hattah/Kulkyne NP is also very nice as stated by Toonfish. Have a good time.Cheers, Willem
Never a dull moment
FollowupID: 10964

Reply By: Member - Peter [SA] - Sunday, Apr 13, 2003 at 08:50

Sunday, Apr 13, 2003 at 08:50
Alpaca,
see my reply to post id no. 4009. Wyperfield National Park is right next door to this area. A really must see area, enjoy.
Cheers Peter
AnswerID: 17495

Reply By: jules - Sunday, Apr 13, 2003 at 16:56

Sunday, Apr 13, 2003 at 16:56
There is no water at Hattah/Kulkyne - Lake Hattah is full of trees - though the camping area is still ok - no water at Mournpoul either apparently
this was at New Year can't see it would have changed much in this short time. Still good places to go around Hattah/Kulkyne .
AnswerID: 17514

Reply By: PETER - Monday, Apr 14, 2003 at 07:16

Monday, Apr 14, 2003 at 07:16
wyperfield is well worth a visit. area is very dry - toilets very clean but no showers. can pay at office or put money in envelope. park is well maintained and a good large camp area is provided . take oun wood - bbq and tables provided. plenty of wild life and usually the place is very quiet. has look-out - all in all - not to be missed regards peter
AnswerID: 17558

Reply By: ROBERT - Monday, Apr 14, 2003 at 12:17

Monday, Apr 14, 2003 at 12:17
HATTAH IS A GREAT PLACE LOTS OF WILD LIFE THE LAKE BEING EMPTY IS A GOOD THING I THINK BECAUSE WHEN I WAS THEIR JUST OVER A YEAR AGO YOU COULD NOT FISH OR SWIM IN IT AS IT HAD SOME TYPE OF ALGIE WHICH MADE IT HARD ON THE HOT DAYS I WAS THEIR GOOD LUCK WITH IT ALL
AnswerID: 17575

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)