banned from EO?

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 14:50
ThreadID: 43877 Views:3222 Replies:11 FollowUps:31
This Thread has been Archived
Can you??get banned i mean.
Or have your post removed?
Are there rules\about swearing/being very nasty/or telling someone to
p@ss of for no reason??
And if u do get banned how long does the ban last??
Are there a set of rules on this forum that i dont know about?

I have no intension of doing above ,but have seen some recent posts
lately about people ''asking questions about /ENGLE /WACEO/TYRES/
GPS and everything else to do with 4x4!
these people DONT KNOW THE ANSWERS!!!
THAT IS WHY THEY ASK...
I think a LOT of these questions are asked from new people
to the forum,
if it wasnt for them this forum would be a dead duck!!
just my thoughts for the day//HAPPY DAYS//

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 15:19

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 15:19
Hi tvl, There is a "terms of use " section that will probably answer all the questions that you have, maybe worth a look.

Cheers
D

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 231000

Reply By: Andrew from Vivid Adventures - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 15:33

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 15:33
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
As long as David decides. He owns the place
Yes.
AnswerID: 231006

Reply By: Member - Davoe (Nullagine) - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 16:08

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 16:08
juask Johno 1 or
Wow....... How about that i trid to type in a name of a banned former member which was something like eye must see and I was told it is now a prohibited word. not only banned but cant even be reffered to so thats a YES
AnswerID: 231015

Follow Up By: Gob & Denny - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 16:24

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 16:24
hey davoe
just looked at your rig piccy and thought you were at work
lolololololol

steve
FollowupID: 491904

Follow Up By: Andrew from Vivid Adventures - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 17:52

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 17:52
I love that ... it has a nice sort of 1984 feel to it.

Perhaps it is being culturally sensitive - it is not appropriate to use the name of your indigenous friends who have passed on.
FollowupID: 491925

Follow Up By: Red Frog - Vic - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 17:59

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 17:59
I was at a bbq that the banned member metioned above attended last weekend, must say that being banned does one no harm at all, he was loooking and sounding great.
FollowupID: 491927

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 18:16

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 18:16
I was at the same BBQ and would agree with Red Frog (Red Frog!!!??? Honestly! :)
about i.mu.s.ty - given the trauma the man has suffered and the subsequent treatment he has received from some on the internet (especially this site) he is looking very well. As a coincidence I believe he is part Aboriginal - but I'm sure that doesn't have anything to do with things.

Mike Harding
FollowupID: 491935

Follow Up By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 20:37

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 20:37
Hi Mike,
Glad to hear the unspeakable "i" person is doing well. He certainly has suffered more than any six people should.
He and I swapped a few emails some time back and I'm glad to hear he's doing well.

In my opinion he's a bit of a lad quite misunderstood.

Geoff
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

FollowupID: 491973

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 20:54

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 20:54
>In my opinion he's a bit of a lad quite misunderstood.

A very apt description I think Geoff :)

On the day I need help he'll be one of the people I'll call....

Mike Harding
FollowupID: 491981

Follow Up By: Red Frog - Vic - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:11

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:11
Yep red frog, gotta love the litle red frog Mike

FollowupID: 491994

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Apr 10, 2007 at 15:46

Tuesday, Apr 10, 2007 at 15:46
"I" must agree with Mike,
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 493451

Reply By: Shaker - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 17:03

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 17:03
Yes you can be banned.

I had a post removed yesterday & I have absolutely no idea why. (First time ever from any forum)

Maybe if posts are removed the OP could be contacted & told why, so they don't re-offend??
AnswerID: 231022

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 17:16

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 17:16
If anyone has a problem with any post, click on "Alert Moderator" button and vent your concern. The Moderators will them decide.

I wonder if David and Michelle ever have and argument between themselves before deciding on an issue:-)))

G'day David, G'gay Michelle.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 231024

Reply By: Red Frog - Vic - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 17:34

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 17:34
Anything is possible here including lots of sanitation and censorship, that's the nature of the beast.
AnswerID: 231032

Follow Up By: Member - Steve T (NT) - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 18:06

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 18:06
Hey Red Frog.

Do you think my post was deleted yesterday because I suggested that Mike P%$s Off, or because of my spelling?

By the way, my spelling isn't to bad compared to others.

Steve.
FollowupID: 491930

Follow Up By: Red Frog - Vic - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 18:15

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 18:15
I don't know Steve, I was amazed when I saw the sanitation of the thread. It all seemed like reasonable banter to me but someone thought otherwise. Spelling doesn't concern me, honest, we were just throwing stones :)
FollowupID: 491934

Follow Up By: Member - Steve T (NT) - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 18:18

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 18:18
Yeah Sarg had his post stricken from the record as well.

Well over it Steve.
FollowupID: 491936

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 20:51

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 20:51
Actually Steve; I apologise for making reference to your spelling - it was wrong of me.

Mike Harding
FollowupID: 491978

Follow Up By: Member - Steve T (NT) - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:33

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:33
Hey Mike

Looking at all the other posts, It seems I took your comments to seriously.

Apology accepted please accept mine.

Steve.

PS my wife admonished me for my spelling, she has taught me the difference between your and you're.

Cheers Steve.
FollowupID: 492003

Follow Up By: Red Frog - Vic - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:46

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:46
lol, very common mistake Steve, very, very common.

Enough of this soppy stuff, get back to throwing stones, nicely of course :)

FollowupID: 492011

Follow Up By: Member - Steve T (NT) - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:56

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:56
Just man enough to apologize when wrong,

Steve.
FollowupID: 492018

Reply By: Motherhen - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 19:25

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 19:25
I didn't know the 'i' person had been banned and often wondered where he had gone - glad to here he's doing OK.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 231064

Reply By: Member - Peter D M - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:04

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:04
as said i thought the "i" person was a bit of a lad.

his question on fitting a diff lock onto a box trailer is still my all time favourite question in the forum.

i also am sure the moderators had good reason for there actions.

cheers all
AnswerID: 231090

Follow Up By: Red Frog - Vic - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:13

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:13
Wasn't that sooo funny Peter, diff lock on a box trailer, hahahaha
FollowupID: 491995

Follow Up By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:06

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:06
That post should be framed, the number of fish it realed in was priceless!!

Geoff

PS: So tell us brother Red Frog, which brother where you last week??
Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

FollowupID: 492024

Reply By: Jimbo - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:15

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:15
The "i" man also got banned on the Overlander Forum a while back.

He used to send me emails, but I haven't heard from him in a while.

He was a man with an unusual sense of humour and had some medical problems which some interpreted as a dangerous "psychopathic" condition. I doubt that he was in any way dangerous.

The lack of compassion toward a a man with medical problems was a blight on some of those contributors here.

Some of those will feel satisfied, few of them will feel the shame that they should.

I hope James is doing well.

Ray, can you put me in touch with him?
AnswerID: 231092

Follow Up By: Willem - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:25

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:25
Birds of a feather...............................
FollowupID: 492002

Follow Up By: Red Frog - Vic - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:42

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:42
Jim, he has had a few email/internet/ISP problems that wasn't a priority to be fixed hence he's been offline for a coupla months. send me an email to desertdust@yahoo.com and I'll fire you his ph number

Hi Willem, as long as we're happy!
FollowupID: 492010

Follow Up By: Willem - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:57

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:57
Red Frog

Are you another protagonist in disguise?
FollowupID: 492019

Follow Up By: Jimbo - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:05

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:05
Willie,

Give the grog away.

A sensible chap such as your self shouldn't make such posts.
FollowupID: 492022

Follow Up By: Red Frog - Vic - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:05

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:05
whats this about Willem ?

First I looked up the meaning of protagonist, from dictionary.com

1. the leading character, hero, or heroine of a drama or other literary work.
2. a proponent for or advocate of a political cause, social program, etc.
3. the leader or principal person in a movement, cause, etc.
4. the first actor in ancient Greek drama, who played not only the main role, but also other roles when the main character was offstage. Compare deuteragonist, tritagonist.

Then I read each meaning carefully but I don't think I fit any of them but you can put me into any basket you like Willem lol, keep smilin' old mate.
FollowupID: 492023

Follow Up By: Willem - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:13

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:13
By all accounts Jimbo me old protagonist, I would imbibe about 10% of your intake...lol
FollowupID: 492027

Follow Up By: Willem - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:20

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:20
Red Frog...at least I know Jimbo and know where the limit of sensibilities lie. With you however....you are just a frog in a creek somewhere. I hope I don't step on you, coz I do like frogs. Jopefully you will not change into toad overnight.

Protagonist...someone who sets about to argue a cause without reading the script.

LOL
FollowupID: 492030

Follow Up By: Red Frog - Vic - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:29

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:29
No need to feel threatened by me Willem, I'm just waiting for a princess to kiss but I won't bring down your castle.
FollowupID: 492033

Follow Up By: Jimbo - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:34

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:34
Let's get back on topic.

Feeling a little guilty about helping banning a poor chap who had severe medical issues?

Probably not.

Took away a little bit of enjoyment this poor chap has in his unfortunate life. Feel good about that.

Probably.

Have another Glavya and feel good about yourself.
FollowupID: 492035

Follow Up By: Willem - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:45

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:45
Freddo...No castles here mate

Jimbo. Wasn't me mate. Your 'poor bugger me' friend brought it upon himself.

I am ambivalent about myself and do not take to navel gazing.

Maybe you should give up your managerial job and become a psychiatrist...hahaha

Trouble is you are so often wrong that you might not get much business.

Good nite and take care
FollowupID: 492037

Reply By: Jimbo - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:58

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 21:58
Thanks Ray,

I'll shoot you a note in the morning.

Willie,

I wish you all the best. Yes, birds of a feather......

Decent, compassion, people do stick together.
AnswerID: 231101

Follow Up By: Willem - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:25

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 22:25
Ahhhh...you are mellowing, Jimbo

I applaud decent, compassionate people who stick together.

FollowupID: 492031

Reply By: Leroy - Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 23:11

Sunday, Apr 01, 2007 at 23:11
After reading about the trailer difflock...here's a bit more nostalga.......

I camped this weekend with a fellow EO member; let’s call him MD so he may remain anonymous.

It was quite a learning experience let me tell you. We were faced with many challenges.

The first lesson was on the way there. Some d!ckhead copper had a go at MD for getting a call on his mobile phone on the way up the Blacktop. Hey! it wasn’t MD’s fault his phone rang was it? The Cop tried to pull us over for about 10K’s before MD finally encouraged him to swerve onto the emergency lane and come to a stop around a tree. We were kind of nervous about it but we were soon chuckling and cracking one-liners on the CB.
My favorite was … “Hey!!! that copper exited the freeway and stacked without indicating. Book him Danno!”.
In town was pretty cool. The chick that was at the grocery shop was coming onto us by saying cool sexy stuff like “are you boys camping in the area?” & “That’ll be $56.98c thanks”. It was hot.
MD lost his balance getting into the car but he only ripped his old dacks so that was OK.
We got into camp and there were about 8 motor bikes and a few pop-top vans there. It was a great spot for stretching out and being away from the City.
Lighting the campfire was a bit of a bugger as the spot we got was fairly wet & damp. I gathered up much firewood as I could as MD finished off his last beer. It was amazing to see that he had managed to knock off nearly 12 cans on the way there. He didn’t want to make a big deal out of it and swore black and blue that it was only a 6 can trip, but I counted each and every can as he flung a can out the window on the way through town and into the forest. It was twelve for sure.

We set up camp. Well, I set up my tent and MD said “he’d just F-n sleep under the stars on a tarp … and if it starts to p!ss down, he doesn’t give a bleep .!!!”

It was a learning experience right then and there because I had my $900.00 Seven-man dome tent up with an annex and ground sheet before MD even had a tarp laid on the ground. Apparently the damn bloody crappy rocks we getting in the way of his hammering in, And admittedly he had to hold the 13th beer between his knees too. I asked why he didn’t put his beer down to hammer in the pegs because surely it would make it easier I said and I learnt that a “real man” doesn’t even need bloody pegs so he through the mallet into the back of the Ute and I thought it cracked his rear window but I was wrong. It was the water container and water gushed out and onto my sleeping bag, it was soaked. Luckily as MD explained, I was going to learn to sleep in the cold just like they did 4000 years ago. I was rapt!!!
I had trouble getting the wet timber to light. I was scurrying around the forest floor scavenging every little twig I could find. Every leave and tiny stick I came across was an inch forward toward my hot dinner. We were having a roast. I tried and tried to get the ruddy thing to light but to no avail. MD really saved the day with a tin of petrol he with was saving for a rainy day. And luckily it had been raining all day since I got up.
He scattered my attempt at a fire and all the wood I had gathered for the last hour into oblivion with one cool karate kick.
He pulled a hammy but was able to limp back to the Ute get the petrol and pour it onto a pile of timber that someone stacked to make it look like an outdoor setting. It was arty, but I remember someone saying art was for pufters so it was fair game. It was ablaze quickly, and I think the other campers were amazed at MD’s fire skills as nearly everyone had come to a stop.
They were looking in our direction. They were a bit rude staring. Some were shouting something in our direction but we couldn’t hear them because MD had the stereo pumping out AC/DC by then.
I learnt that it’s The music everyone in the bush loves. It was cool. Real cool.
I kept an eye out for the cash register chick because I though for sure she’d be showing up soon. Maybe she was waiting for me in another campground? Who knows?
I noticed MD going into the dome tent to check it out and he must have tripped or something because the whole thing thrashed to one side and come crashing down. The zip ripped and the material had a tear in it. MD was caught up pretty bad as he was trying to get up and the tearing noise started again. I could hear him swearing and cursing.
He finally cut his way out through the wall and stepped out but slipped on some wet grass and landed on his knife. It was in his rear. You know, … his bottom.
They’re wheeling him out of surgery now and I want to check on him so I’ll write about the rest in another post. Thank God for laptops.

See ya.

MD was excited to see me in the hallway so he tried to get out off the hospital trolley “Hospitals are for pufters” he shouted as he fell off the trolley and onto the hard floor. It has just been mopped and was a bit wet, so as he tried to get up he slipped and landed hard on his ass time and time again. Each landing harder than the landing before. It wasn’t long till he was squealing in pain like a girl. It was kind of funny but don’t tell him I said so.
He just lay there till we picked him up and got him to settle down a bit. “Real men” take a while to settle I thought. I explained to the nurse that he is not usually like that. She just laughed it off and said it was probably the drugs and asked where we were camping, Hot stuff!
I nearly died there and then. (She) was coming onto me now for goodness sake!!! Aren’t there any single men in this town? What was going on?
A damn fine looking woman too if you get past the body odor and the cigarette smoke-breath. A few new front teeth wouldn’t go astray either. In fact a few of the old teeth had started to work there way astray already.
She reminded me of Zsa Zsa Gabor. But not as pretty.
I figured that MD would go for her and I would go the Checkout Chick.
I just noticed I spelled checkout chick with capital C’s so that must mean I’m in love.
We picked MD up off the floor and he just spat at the nurse.
Ah hah I thought! The drugs again!!! I was learning again.
She was starting to get a bit short with him now. She was raising her voice a little and I did not feel that it was appropriate to speak to a patient in this manner.
I promptly filled out a suggestion sheet and popped it into the suggestion box in the foyer/waiting room. I looked at her … and she looked at me knowingly.
A Doctor came out with some X-rays and a knife blade. Where’s me f-n knife yelled MD? I WANT MY KNIFE!!! Somehow his rectum had dislodged his knife-blade from the bone handle and the handle was used as a piece of ass-bone during the re-creation of his ass in the operation. Without it he may not have walked again. It was a lucky knife.
We’re not in Kansas anymore Toto I thought. And to tell you the truth this was getting a bit weird. Ass-bone and Zsa Zsa Gabor I can handle…
BUT ALL OF A SUDDEN!!! … Eric burst through the door! with a bloody shotgun and popped MD in the knee. Luckily for MD we were in a hospital.
It was just his lucky day.
It turns out that Eric has a soft spot for dome tents and was enraged when he found that MD had sliced his way out the side and had behaved totally irresponsible all day.
Eric was a total bloody shock to me.
Somehow he’d read the story before I had even finished writing it and has concluded that MD needed a gunshot in the knee.
It wasn’t MD’s fault. It was the tent designers fault for not making them safer. I knew I should have bought the $1,500.00 one. I kind of felt I was to blame. Maybe “I” should have been shot and in there with Zsa Zsa.
This strange twist is that he is now in the hospital and has popped one in MD’s knee. Zsa Zsa has thanked him with a peck on the cheek and all the other patients are now roaring cheers and thanks for his handiwork.
Well needless to say that MD had to be wheeled back into surgery and I think they’ve seen enough of him today already.
We’re off to get the tent that MD made me leave there but were dropping Zsa Zsa off to her house on the way.
She’s invited us in for supper seeing as it’s been a long day.
I think she’s got a thing for Eric but I don’t want to go to her house at all. Full stop.
She’s been going on about her little baby and wha wha wha.
You know how old ducks are.
Oh now we’ve got to look at photos.
CRIKEY BURN AND GENERAL JACKSON !!!!!
Her little baby is the bloody checkout chick.
She’s 18 ½ and waiting at home with dinner prepared.
Roast Lamb.
I love camping.

Leroy
AnswerID: 231126

Follow Up By: Kev M (NSW) - Monday, Apr 02, 2007 at 06:56

Monday, Apr 02, 2007 at 06:56
Leroy,

That should have been posted in the Friday Funnies.

Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 492055

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Monday, Apr 02, 2007 at 19:22

Monday, Apr 02, 2007 at 19:22
Thanks Leroy, I had forgotten that post - James has a way with words :)

I'm just a little confused (what's new!? :) as to who "MD" might be though... anyone have any ideas...?

Mike Harding
FollowupID: 492188

Follow Up By: Wombat - Tuesday, Apr 03, 2007 at 17:08

Tuesday, Apr 03, 2007 at 17:08
Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it.
FollowupID: 492395

Sponsored Links