Mazda B2500 crewcab turbo diesel

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 27, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 439 Views:7201 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have an opportunity to pickup a Mazda B2500 crew cab turbo diesel (current model)at a pretty good price. Does any one have experience with this vehicle, what to look for, can it hack the outback, fuel economy, weaknesses, etc. What mod's to go for 1st? I will be going for long range tank, winch and maybe a snorkel. My prefferred veicle would be a Toyota SR5, but the Mazada's price is so good.

Rgds Craig
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ray - Tuesday, Oct 02, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 02, 2001 at 00:00
Craig.
I have a 98 Mazda B2500 duel cab (no turbo) diesel and have recently done a trip from Nth Qld to Birdsville,then the Birdsville track,Oodnatta track,Simpson desert,Then to Innamincka and home via Emerald. I have Kumho tyres fitted and struggled in the sand for traction in the desert. I fitted a 130lt tank in the back giving me a total of 200lt. On the trip fully laden I averaged 8.4km to Lt. It is a bit under powered in sand, but you don't cross the Simpson every day. Regards Ray
AnswerID: 1156

Reply By: steve - Sunday, Oct 07, 2001 at 00:00

Sunday, Oct 07, 2001 at 00:00
craig, i would have no hesitation in recomending the mazda ute, i have the ford equivalent and it spends 80% of the time on a minesite in the goldfields here in WA, it has now covered 50000kms and hasnt missed a beat, it has a steel bullbar and spotlights with a few antennas on it which makes the front suspension work a bit harder.
it is a bit thirsty mind you all the blokes drive it manage to wear lead boots.
AnswerID: 1184

Reply By: Cairns Offroad Training & Tours - Tuesday, Oct 09, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 09, 2001 at 00:00
When these cars were first introduced we took 12 mazda dealer principals and their wives to the Tip in six dual cabs and 1 cab chassis that carried all the cooking and recovery gear etc. Each d\cab was heavily loaded with 4 adults, personal gear and lots of liquid refreshment.
We took the OTL and did everything except gunshot ( these were demos after all ;-) Although these cars would not be my personal first choice, they were ultra reliable, economical and had adequate power. If the price is rightyou could not go wrong. Interestingly most of the japanese dual cabs use the same body with different engine transmissions and only minor appearance differences.
Cheers Rob
AnswerID: 1187

Sponsored Links