Telegraph Pool - Fitzroy River

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 11, 2007 at 19:40
ThreadID: 44211 Views:9114 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We have recently joined and enjoying reading the forums....and added a comment or two where we could constructively.......Question is that around 5 years ago we visited Telegraph Pool, towards the mouth of the Fitzroy and intend to do so again late May...I seem to recall reading somewhere a year or two ago that it was no longer accessible?...something to do with the Derby Shire getting cranky with those who set up long term camps over the dry season.........hopefully I am wrong...does anyone know if access is stilll allowed or not?...thanks
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DIO - Thursday, Apr 12, 2007 at 10:04

Thursday, Apr 12, 2007 at 10:04
Although the following information was specifically for fishing, there is also reference to camping etc. although might help answer your question. Also contains contact details for Yeeda Station...

Langi Crossing
Telegraph Pool
Pelican Pool
Willare Bridge/Fitzroy River
Fitzroy River - Willare Bridge to the River Mouth
Access to the river is only possible from the south bank due to Noogoora burr quarantine regulations applying to the north bank. Access to fishing spots along the river in this area is through Yeeda Station.

An annual $25 permit allows local residents access to Tumblegoodine and Wilhems Pool, Langi and Telegraph Pool and the Cuttings. Access to these areas is via the sign posted access roads. The areas will either have a resident ranger or be visited regularly by the Ranger. Facilities and conditions for use vary between the sites. Camping is permitted and fees apply.

All enquiries should be directed to Yeeda Station
Phone: 08 9191 4766
Fax: 08 9191 7193

Access to all other areas on Yeeda Station is by permission only.
AnswerID: 232904

Sponsored Links