Hayman Reece WDH for 2007 Prado

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 at 16:36
ThreadID: 44412 Views:1681 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just making plans for new Prado and interested to see if anyone has a HR WDH fitted and what brand of towbar was used.

Not sure whether to get the genunine Toyota or the HR towbar and fittings.

Pedro
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: deserter - Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 at 17:07

Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 at 17:07
I had the HR fitted after I bought the car. Personal thing but I feel they are experts in towbars. I also wanted to match the WDH and towbar. I did get the Toyota bullbar - but they are wickedly expensive compared to TJM or other after market brand. And the TOYOTA bar isn't even set up for spotties !!! Found that out after I bought it.
AnswerID: 233999

Follow Up By: Member - Peter R (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 at 17:15

Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 at 17:15
Thanks Deserter,
That's the way I am leaning at the moment.

What model is yours and what do you tow.

Pedro
FollowupID: 494908

Reply By: Go-N-Grey (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 at 19:52

Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 at 19:52
I just recently purchased a LC100 with genuine Toyoya hitch, and then later purchased a HR WDH.

It DIDN"T fit the neck.

Got the vernier calipers out and the external dimensions were correct, but the internal dimensions on the towbar were not sufficient on the corners as they were rounded.

I took to the HR Hitch with a grinder and rounded of the corners and it now fits. Was very worried about grinding off too much thinking the HR hitch was hollow, but then realised it was a solid bar so then ground away with cofidence until it hit.

A HR dealer then told me that this was a common problem with Toyota towbars.

If you are happy with a grinder go for the genuine bar, you probably will get it thown in for free if you ask, I did, and it was included, and the roo bar came down to half price ($900) when I said to forget it at $1800
AnswerID: 234042

Reply By: obee - Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 at 21:10

Tuesday, Apr 17, 2007 at 21:10
I use two other bars I picked up at garage sales no problem but thanks for info. I will check in future. I welded a square tube to one that I use with the kangaroo jack and the other two are ball joint and reece.

I can lift the back up in one go without the car falling over which has been useful for getting stuff under the wheels. I am always going to put another tow point at the front for the same reason but there is always something else happening.

One point if anyone else tries it, the tube needs to be set at an angle fore and aft so the jack becomes vertical at the high point.

Owen
AnswerID: 234067

Sponsored Links