MBD II Readers

Submitted: Friday, Apr 18, 2003 at 06:53
ThreadID: 4445 Views:1429 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone had any experience with buying a on board code reader.

I understand that with at least pre 1996 Toyotas, that you can buy from Toyota, little wiring harness, that bridges some points in pre 96 Toyotas computer plug. However I suspect that on later units you have to have a proper hand reader.

I do have an early Toyota one, which we used on our 4 runner, however it does require a Genuine Toyota manual, or at least copied pages, for you to read the flashing light combimation. If anyone can use this, it is yours for the asking, and I can put it in the mail, I will not use it ever again. Email me on herkman@optusnet.com.au

What we are looking at, is a hand reader, which allows you when the engine light comes on, to read what is the problem, and after you have fixed the problem, you can reset the code.

Thanks and have a great and SAFE easter.

Regards Col Tigwell
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Savvas - Friday, Apr 18, 2003 at 07:16

Friday, Apr 18, 2003 at 07:16
Hi Col,

There is one that I have heard about that works on Palm O/S but have yet to see it in Australia. Check this web site -

www.auterra.com.

It is for cars with OBDII, which is nearly all makes from 1998 and on. This code reader has both generic codes and downloadable, brand specific code databases.

AnswerID: 17876

Reply By: mr fixit - Friday, Apr 18, 2003 at 09:22

Friday, Apr 18, 2003 at 09:22
Hi Herkman !!
I have all the fault cades for most cars(about 3,500 )
What car do you have ? I would be prepared to give you the pinout connections and fault codes for your make and model.
let me know. . . .
AnswerID: 17884

Sponsored Links