CSR/Tanami trip

Submitted: Friday, Oct 05, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 450 Views:1897 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We are starting to plan our next trip (2002) Can anyone answer some, or all of the following questions:
* Is there fuel available at Billiluna (Tanami Track)
* What are the track conditions like between Billiluna and well 23 on the Canning Stock Route- say in comparison to the French Line across the
Simpson Desert
*Similarly, what are the track conditions like from well 23 to Windy Corner then down the Gary H/Way to the Gunbarrel
*Finally, is fuel theft at well 23 becoming a real problem.
Thanks, Kim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Edwin Callard - Tuesday, Oct 09, 2001 at 00:00

Tuesday, Oct 09, 2001 at 00:00
KIM. YES THERE IS FUEL AT BILLILUNA. TRACK CONDITIONS? AFTER TRAVELING BOTH, THE SIMPSON I FOUND WAS A SUNDAY DRIVE. I CANT COMMENT ON THE WINDY CORNER BIT. I HAD NO PROBLEMS AT WELL 23 WITH FUEL.
AnswerID: 1190

Reply By: Mick - Friday, Oct 19, 2001 at 00:00

Friday, Oct 19, 2001 at 00:00
Hello Kim, yes fuel is available at the Kunawarajji community at Billiluna, but the managers do recommend you call and make sure they have stock, I travelled the CSR from Wiluna to Well 33 this year towing a camper trailer and had no problems, I will add that we were set up correctly, I would not recommend towing any Isolated track unless you have complete confidence. At well 23 fuel dump, there was fuel that was stolen [low lifes] and our own drum was short on its 205lts. Any info I can help you with feel free to e-mail me.
AnswerID: 1244

Sponsored Links