Musso 4wd

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 24, 2003 at 00:55
ThreadID: 4542 Views:3174 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone know much about Musso 4wds? I realise they are not for serious 4wding but the specs on them seem quite good, more power than Jackaroo or Pajero and slightly better fuel economy. They also have ball weights and towing capacity equivalent to a cruiser.

Are they capable enough for weekend off roading - trips to the beach etc? Mostly I would be commuting and towing a van or float.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Andrew - Thursday, Apr 24, 2003 at 01:13

Thursday, Apr 24, 2003 at 01:13
Zapper

Musso's seem to loose their value pretty quick. There must be a reason for that.
I had a good look at them a while back and they do represent good value for money but haven't heard anything good about the diesel. I recon the Mercedes 3.2 petrol would be the way to go if you get one. If you allow and extra $1500 or so to upgrade the suspension when you buy it, you will vastly improve the ride and capability of the vehicle especially if towing as you said.

I have no idea on parts availability but the Deawoo and Ssanyong badges they have been sold under have gone through a few owners.

If you intend on regular 4WD use, I think you'd be better spending a little extra on a cruiser or Patrol.
AnswerID: 18252

Reply By: bruce.h - Thursday, Apr 24, 2003 at 14:26

Thursday, Apr 24, 2003 at 14:26
Gday Zapper
i was given one to play with for a weekend when they first came out ifound it to be very capable in most 4wd drive aplications & would handle most of what you have sujested you want to do. the down side of the musso is the cost of repairs i have been led to believe that the cost of a replacement diesel engine is around about $19000 how true this is iam not sure but the person whom told me was in a position to know, my advice would be to do some serous resurch into the rpair costing first if they stack up well then abilty wise its not to bad
Regards Bruce
AnswerID: 18293

Reply By: Member -BJ (Sydney) - Thursday, Apr 24, 2003 at 16:06

Thursday, Apr 24, 2003 at 16:06
We rented one in WA a few years ago to tour SWest and it handled & went well. As said prev value drops fast & check repair costs.Wish i was still here / Gulf in July
AnswerID: 18300

Sponsored Links