Nissan Terrano 11 snorkel

Submitted: Friday, Apr 25, 2003 at 15:13
ThreadID: 4561 Views:1775 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Mate down the road has a Nissan Terrano 11 2.7TD and is having trouble finding a snorkel, has seen one on a Terrano believes it is a Mazda Bravo, anyone with some info on this would be much appreciated.
Brucetest signature
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: paul - Saturday, Apr 26, 2003 at 21:35

Saturday, Apr 26, 2003 at 21:35
someone here or on the overlander site said the non-grey import Terrano II, petrol and diesel, does not need a snorkel as the ingress air pipe comes in thru the scoop and then halfway up the driver's side window/front window support panel. i have seen Terrano II's go thu water actually splashing into the scoop but i spose cause water can't push up the support panel it never had a problem with such ventures.

I suppose easy to check.

My brother in the army did time in Bosnia and Kosovo said the UN used them as a preference in Bosnia cause they were narrow were better able to navigate goat tracks than cruisers and patrols (landrovers were too expensive) and didn't need snorkels to go across rivers and creeks that were bonnet deep.
AnswerID: 18429

Follow Up By: Member - Bruce and Anne - Sunday, Apr 27, 2003 at 08:34

Sunday, Apr 27, 2003 at 08:34
Thanks for the reply Paul. Their Terrano 11 was involved in an accident before they brought it and they cannot find where it comes out in to the door, but it is a good idea though, which I had the same thing on my Isuzu as they are hard to get a snorkel for also. Regards Brucetest signature
FollowupID: 11538

Sponsored Links