landrover discovery

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 26, 2003 at 10:27
ThreadID: 4566 Views:1284 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
i have a 93 diesel discovery and had a suspension upgrade raising the vehicle about 2 inches.it now has front tailshaft vibration.i have been told that a new shaft with a double carden uni may be the answer.can anyone confirm and where to purchase. on the subject of air compressors,i have fitted a second air cond.compressor to inflate my tyres.along with the necessary hardware including a small tank and adjusted to operate around 150psi.it will inflate a 245 70 16 from 10 40 in 45 seconds.as with any system heat is a factor.but 4 tyres is not a problem and the whole operation is over in about 5 minutes.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: nugget - Saturday, Apr 26, 2003 at 22:48

Saturday, Apr 26, 2003 at 22:48
Ali
Your right regarding using a air-cond compressor as an air pump, I also use one and would never ever use an electric air compressor again, they are slow regardless of what brand they are.
I used to own a Landy 110 which had a similar lift and didnt experience any noticeable vibration. I dont believe a double cardon joint shaft to suit a disco is an off the shelf item. Are you sure it is the front shaft? My Landy 110's rear transmission mount was adjustable (via a slot) therefore allowing you to raise or lower it slightly which solved a vibration problem on a mates 110. Not sure if Disco is mounted the same though.
If you want some real vibration try giving a Nissan GQ a suspension lift like I did.
AnswerID: 18442

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)