Travelling with 1 year olds

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 11, 2001 at 00:00
ThreadID: 457 Views:1729 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all and I guess particullarly Michelle and David,

What advice do you have for travelling with small children, our twins are about 11 months old and we will be setting out for a year or so after xmas.

I think most of the time we will have fun, in camp generally won't be a problem. Although not PC these days we have got harnesses for the twins so will be able to have them on a leash sometimes. What I really worry about are camp fires.

We did some practice camping in Italy over the Australian winter, but it is not the same as the outback.

Rgds Craig
www.productiveofficesolutions.com/italy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michelle - ExplorOz - Thursday, Nov 01, 2001 at 01:00

Thursday, Nov 01, 2001 at 01:00
Hi Craig - sorry its taken me so long to reply, i"ve only just "found" this qn. I am planning to write up our Travelling with Kids article before Xmas but in particular answer to your qn about fire... tricky one. You can teach them prettyquickly about "hot" and "fire" but it doesn't mean accidents wont happen. I was also worried about the campfire when we recently went camping with Leah (then aged 8-9mths and crawling very fast). She was usually asleep by the time the fire was lit and it didn't pose a problem. I did however stick her in the portable cot frequently when the fire was on as her wind-down. Although technically this was like being "put to bed" she never complained so long as she was outside with us and could see the goings on. Guess each child will be different. One thing for sure, lots of people travel with young kids - you are NOT crazy, you will enjoy it immensely and so will they. Best wishes for a safe and happy journey!
AnswerID: 1316

Sponsored Links