off road wind up camper trailers

Submitted: Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 18:34
ThreadID: 45950 Views:5224 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi
I would like some advice on a golf slipstream camper trailer off road 1996. Ours is a Lawson. We just purchased one after previously owning a jayco swan 1982 and a caravan in between. The camper seems to be very good value and very solid with independant suspension and lovely fit out.. I cant find much about them anywhere as they are not produced anymore. Dos anyone have experience with these campers? I would love to hear from you. What has your experience been with them off road. I read one old post regarding this and it as positive.
regards Lenni
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - G N (VIC) - Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 21:46

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 21:46
Hi Lenni
Sorry mate, cant help you. But we are looking for a Jayco type camper such as the swan / eagle. Just wondering why you moved on from the one you had?
AnswerID: 242782

Follow Up By: lenni - Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 22:31

Sunday, May 27, 2007 at 22:31
Hi
We sold the swan ( an 1982 model) because we thought that we could go back to a good tent and tow a boat! Big mistake... I missed the camper trailer too much. The swan was old but in good condition for its age and we looked after it and added a few bits and pieces. Yes we should have kept it. Though it was not an off road.
We then purchased an old caravan which was in lovely condition. However we still mised the wind up camper style, easy to tow and more room. We were able to sell the caravan easily and have recently purchased another wind up camper. It is actually a lot stronger that the swan and off road. It also has a queen bed at one end and double at the other. It is a lot newer, a 1996 model golf slipstream.
In saying all this I would highly recomend a good old jayco. The dove, swan, swift, eagle are all great. Just check the wind up system and the canvas.
There seem to be a few good ones in victoria on the trading post and ebay.
Good luck regards Lenni
FollowupID: 503820

Reply By: Auntie - Monday, May 28, 2007 at 23:47

Monday, May 28, 2007 at 23:47
G'day. We've got a Jayco Dove, an old 1978 model, but a beauty, and in real good condition. It's not an off roader, but we underslung the axle and put 14" wheels on it, and it's fairly capable. We dragged it along the entire Gibb River Rd. a few years ago with no problems. Didn't go much over 60 KMH though, but then, why would you want to. I have every intention of keeping it for many years to come Regards.
AnswerID: 243053

Sponsored Links