aerials for CDMA phones

Submitted: Monday, Apr 28, 2003 at 23:04
ThreadID: 4628 Views:1336 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Last week a question was posted (4461) about 6db gain aerials for CDMA phones. My question is does any one know where you can buy these aerials and do they need to be specially made to fit the type/brand of mobile phone. I spoke to my brother-in-law the other day, he works for Telstra and he said they were very effective but telstra don't like people using them because they use too much of the band wave mobiles work on. But hey, if it going to give me better coverage, especially in my part of the country, I'm going to fit one.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Allan - Monday, Apr 28, 2003 at 23:53

Monday, Apr 28, 2003 at 23:53
Relaxed, The antennas are made by Mobileone (no interest) and available through D_ck Smith stores and most CB shops
http://www.mobileone.com.au/mainantenna.htm

I have the 6db GSM antenna and it works great with my in car kit. Good reception and range compared to standard antenna.
Cheers
Allan Cheers
Allan
AnswerID: 18649

Reply By: chopper - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003 at 00:07

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003 at 00:07
GME also make phone aerials, try D_Smith or wherever you know that sells GME gear (like autobahn)
Come to think of it, If by Fraser coast you mean Hervey Bay (that's where i am too) I got mine from Barney's Auto and Marine, they had to order it in, but it was there in a couple of days.

Last time i was in Keller electronics i did see phone aerials but didn't look to closely.

There are two types, an elevated feed stainless or a GPI fibreglass, i managed to snap a fibreglass one so i'm giving the stainless ones a burl right now (half the price) and i don't believe that there is a great difference.

Your handsfree unit should have a plug that will mate up to the plug on the aerial without any problems.

If you're not using a HF unit, then i'm guessing that you'll have a patch lead which should also have the appropriate fittings.

If you would like to get in touch with me (as a fellow fraser coastian) try this email
chopperozi2@yahoo.com
this is my junk email, i check it very rarely, but will over the next couple of days.

cya
AnswerID: 18651

Reply By: Member - Nick (TAS) - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003 at 18:52

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003 at 18:52
I spoke to Dick smith when enquiring about aerial (above mentioned) and was told it would plug straight into my Nokia 6385 CDMA phine,dont know about other brands. Cheers
AnswerID: 18692

Reply By: Lyds - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003 at 19:01

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003 at 19:01
Is there a magnetic cdma antenna?Cheers,
Stuart
- To err is human, to moo bovine -
AnswerID: 18693

Follow Up By: Salty - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003 at 23:42

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003 at 23:42
According to Telstra chap that I spoke to last week there are magnabase antenna`s for cdma and gsm. Regards Salty.
FollowupID: 11715

Reply By: relaxed (Fraser Coast QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003 at 22:11

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2003 at 22:11
Thanks fellows for that info. Thats the thing I like about this site, if you've got a problem, there's knowledge and experience (I hope) abound at there to help.
AnswerID: 18752

Sponsored Links