Opinions on Terrain Tamer compressors

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:00
ThreadID: 46559 Views:3570 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone own one of the dual piston style of compressors sold under the Terrain Tamer brand by Don Kyatt/Sunshine State 4WD? If so what is your opinion? They reckon they sell heaps and that very few have been returned for problems, however a saleman would say that so just checking with actual users.
Thanks in advance from the Moose.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Surf - Tuesday, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:50

Tuesday, Jun 12, 2007 at 11:50
Western 4WDriver did a test of several pumps in the latest issue, including the Terrain Tamer. They didn’t like the small clamps on the thick cables and were disappointed in the quality control as the in line gauge didn’t work straight out of the box. It took around 16 minutes to pump up tyres (presumed to be 265/75) from around 15psi to 32 psi, which was around the same time for the Bluetongue and ARB pumps
AnswerID: 246293

Reply By: Hairy - Tuesday, Jun 12, 2007 at 12:22

Tuesday, Jun 12, 2007 at 12:22
Gday,
Yeh Mate Ive got one,
The compressor itself works as good as any of the leading brands in my opinion, BUT.....they have a black rubber hose between the two pistons to a "T" piece and from the "T" piece to the coiled hose. The hose on mine split and I had to replace it with copper tube and will have to replace each side of the "T" as its obviously a problem.
What bleep me was I sent them an email explaining the problem and asked if it was common, had they fixed it on newer models and had they made a replacement part??? I never even got a reply! In other words the products is alright for the price but I wouldnt like to rely on the after sales service!

Cheers
Hairy
AnswerID: 246295

Sponsored Links