Fuel pump, guage and four little pipes.

Submitted: Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 19:11
ThreadID: 4684 Views:1646 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have spent Easter mounting my 150l tank under the back of the Supa Trupa..... can't wait to fill in Melbourne and drive in Gippsland for 14.5cents a litre cheaper [diesel]!

Anybody got suggestions for a fuel pump... capacity, brand.... features?

I'll have a switch on the dash to flick when the front tank is low.

Next question..... can you get after market.... separate fuel guages... I haven't checked yet.

AND.... another question. The tank is from a landcruiser. It's got four little pipes which come together into a plastic reservoir and then out via one pipe to the 'engine'. I'm guessing that these are venting or breather tubes and could probably be vented to the open air. Any ideas or dire warnings?Royce www.funshow.com.au
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: David N. - Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 20:02

Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 20:02
Just a suggestion...
I made an aux tank for my Patrol and the pump I used was an old Volvo petrol pump (as I had it after replacing the pump from a friends car. It was getting noisy...)
It's been there 10 years now and runs like a charm (diesel lubes much better than Petrol) It pumps near enough to two litres a minute.
I'm sure you'd pick one up very cheaply from the wreckers
AnswerID: 18927

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 20:57

Thursday, May 01, 2003 at 20:57
Gauges, there are LOTS on the market VDO, Autometer etc, depends how big your mortgage is...

Fuel pump, I scored one off a GU.. but then the next week scored a long range tank for $150! Unmarked..... I love AW!
AnswerID: 18936

Sponsored Links