snorkels again

Submitted: Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 14:34
ThreadID: 4760 Views:1314 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
what is the going price and a good dealer who sell and fit snorkels in melb (northern suburbs) for a 3ltr gu3 patrol.
Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 22:17

Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 22:17
Try Brett at Total 4wd Center Epping.

Tell him fat ugly Cripple Bruce with big black GQ mentioned his place to you, might help out a little.
AnswerID: 19309

Reply By: relaxed (Fraser Coast-QLD) - Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 22:26

Tuesday, May 06, 2003 at 22:26
Tim
I shopped around for snorkels to fit my 3lt TD patrol. Its amazing with price differences, most quotes I got for Airtec brand were around the $500 supply only. My Nissian dealer quoted me $350 supply only with the Nissan sticker on it, but made by Airtec. Try your nissian dealer down there, might be around the same price.
Relaxed
AnswerID: 19312

Reply By: dickwho - Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 11:52

Wednesday, May 07, 2003 at 11:52
Had a "Safari" snorkel fitted in Kempsey NSW. The ARB book price was $600 fitted, this included freight.

I don't know if this is my imagination & I need to do some testing on a long run (which I'll be doing in a couple of weeks) but my Td5 seems to run better & the fuel economy is up a bit.

Perhaps this assertion could be enhanced either way.

Number of years ago the cop Nissan Patrol at Tibooburra sucked a load of water into the motor when crossing a flooded creek. This was an after factory fit, which upon examination found that the attaching rubber hose from the base of the snorkel wasn't compatable with the air cleaner & it had been shoved on & left. Needless to say the people who did this work had to cop the cost of a major engine overhaul. I kept one of the pistons for several years & chucked it out, which I shouldn't have done, as it was a good talking point. A approx. 20 degree bend in the con rod occurred when the water wouldn't compress & the motor still ran, thought he copper said it was a bit rough. Three other pistons were damaged but not the extent of the souvenier I took.

Suggest that you fully check any work as it is hard to see stuff.

Dick

AnswerID: 19350

Reply By: Patsy - Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 17:39

Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 17:39
My husband and I own a 2002 4.2 litre ST Ute and should have had a snorkel fitted when we purchased. Have just recently obtained a quote from our local Nissan Dealer in Hobart who has quoted $600.00 supply and fit.
AnswerID: 19603

Sponsored Links