narva replacement globe comparison?

Submitted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 00:39
ThreadID: 4789 Views:4365 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
has any one done a semi genuine comparison of the narva range of replacement globes such as artic blue/plus 30 or plus 50?
i just installed the artic blue to check and while they are definetly brighter i am not sure that they shine further i was originally getting plus 50 but was talked out of it as they were out of stock till next week and my handbrake let me get some (if i waited she may have said NO!) lol.
any ideas1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: chopper - Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 16:40

Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 16:40
I had a set of blue lites (not Narva) they seemed whiter, but definatley not brighter, replaced with standard globes after about a week.

Now have Narve Plus 50s, these are great. Very very happy.
AnswerID: 19440

Reply By: diamond(bendigo) - Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 20:20

Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 20:20
i put plus 50 in my xf and definitly made a difference.i wouldnt say a huge diffrence but was certainly noticableeaster fun at jamison
AnswerID: 19450

Reply By: David N. - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 07:18

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 07:18
I have 130/90 in my right headlamp (with loom upgrade) and I'm trialing the blue xenon Trifa (german) in the left and the jury is still out. The Trifa seems very close in performance to the 130/90 "ordinary" halogen-considering the wattage difference. (less than half the watts on high beam.)
(I have to be carefull not to cook my lights with the high wattage bulbs as 130w is an awful lot of heat. It's fine when mobile, but I think it could be a problem if you were parked with them on for very long...)
My son had the cheapie blue ones- forget the brand- from Supercheap. Garbage is the word that comes to mind- poor light and lasted hours rather than years.
AnswerID: 19470

Follow Up By: Member - Toonfish - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 23:24

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 23:24
thanks for that i must admit a loom upgrade was a serious consideration for the navara i couldnt believe the crappy low grade cable they use for head lights any way .
as for the crappy supercheap imatation replace ment globes from supercheap they do not conform to ADR and are unroadworthy as deemed by the local boys in blue who had a ball putiing a few off the road in a few hoons cars .
i had a set of park globes in my VR commodore it seemed like a good idea at the time to match my red interior light (why -who knows lol)
cheers1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
FollowupID: 12363

Follow Up By: David N. - Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 08:12

Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 08:12
If you want to do a loom upgrade it's very easy....
just take the wiring from the headlamp bulb connection to a changeover relay, with appropriate heavy duty connection from the power input on the relay to the battery (with a correct size fuse or C/B that would only blow with a major short!!!). Then from the output on the relay heavy duty wire back to the headlamps. I put separate fuses of appropriate capacity on each output to each bulb so I should never ever lose all my lights at once (ie:left and right, high and low) unless I hit a 'roo which is what I'm trying to avoid!!!
You can get a new headlamp plug from supercheap or Repco or any auto electrician.
In my case the whole job took maybe an hour and a half and gained me a measured 1.5 volts at the bulb (quite a bit more light- and less strain on the rest of the factory wiring, switch etc. I'd much rather replace a cheap relay someday than factory headlamp switch, relays etc......)
The only downside is higher voltage at the bulb will reduce globe life a bit- but more light is what we want after all.
Cheers
FollowupID: 12385

Sponsored Links