Redarc Dual Battery systems

Submitted: Thursday, May 08, 2003 at 21:42
ThreadID: 4800 Views:7748 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Does anyone have an opinion on the Redarc dual battery isolator CP12V.

I have a camper with 85 litre fridge, 130 ah Trojan deep cycle, solar panel and controller etc. But need more power for longer stays.

Have heard the Rotronics is great also.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Solar King - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 07:05

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 07:05
Redarc are one of the best around. There is nothing else that even comes close to the Redarc for the price of $125. The Redarc has the best spike protection for modern vehicles.
AnswerID: 19468

Follow Up By: Brian - Tuesday, May 13, 2003 at 10:07

Tuesday, May 13, 2003 at 10:07
$125 is for the isolator alone, or does it include fitting???

Brian
FollowupID: 12622

Reply By: Hoffy - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 10:20

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 10:20
I have had a Rotronics for many years and find it a great unit
AnswerID: 19484

Follow Up By: Autolec - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 10:30

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 10:30
Rotronics are way overpriced compared to similar and better units. Redarc is what we fit to customers vehicles. We have removed several faulty Rotronics outfits and replaced with Redarc
FollowupID: 12269

Follow Up By: Rod - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 11:29

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 11:29
Autolec

What types of problems have you seen the Rotronics fail with ?
FollowupID: 12277

Follow Up By: Autolec - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 19:55

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 19:55
Rod they just fail and do not work. Rotronics units are the ones I have replaced more than any other brand. Not particularly interested why they fail. I just fit Redarc which do not fail and fix up the wiring.
FollowupID: 12333

Reply By: Rod from Rotronics Pty Ltd - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 11:48

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 11:48
To Autolec,
I have never heard of you and from that i can only assume that you have never contacted our technical dept. in regards to units that you say are faulty.
I am curious as to how you were able to test our systems given that you do not know our test procedures. Our systems run internal alternator protection and overload controls and unless you know the correct procedure for each unit -- your system diagnostic test may be incorrect. If these so called faulty units are still covered by our 3 year guarantee why did you not contact us to provide you customer with service support. If you would like to contact us on 1800 644 620 I would be more than happy to arrange for these units to be returned to us for testing and if the units are faulty due to an internal failure I would arrange to send payment to the customer for the cost of the Redarc unit that you have fitted
Regards
Rod Street - Technical Manager - Rotronics
AnswerID: 19495

Follow Up By: Autolec - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 20:04

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 20:04
They just rock in and their batteries are not charging. Test to find out what is the problem. If the box does not work and there are no bad connections I am not interested why it does not work. The customer wants it fixed and fixed for the least amount of money and wants something that is not going to fail again. Redarc fits the bill perfectly and works and works and works. Of course there are others like GSL but I prefer Redarc as I have found them to be the most reliable and functional unit available. Your website is not particularly informative or exciting. Cannot believe the prices you charge and how complex you want to make a simple functional job overly complex. You will be excited when you see the new units about to be launched.
FollowupID: 12334

Follow Up By: Member - Bonz (Vic) - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 21:10

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 21:10
Autolec,

I would have thought that a great service to your customers would be to mention the offer that Rod has made you which I reckon is more than fair. If your customers have to get going then slap in a Redarc (which I have in my GU anyways) and then shoot the crook Rotronics unit off to Rod for testing. If its stuffed then, as he says, he'll refund them what they paid yoou and it might just help Rod iron out a few defects in his units (if they can be found). Sounds like a reasonable thing to do and its win win win all around. we're all in this together so lets help each other out.

Anyways keep on kicking, I found the Redarc fitted my bill and it worx a treat!
________________________________>
Fraser Island Dreaming
________________________________>
FollowupID: 12349

Sponsored Links