square everything

Submitted: Friday, May 09, 2003 at 22:53
ThreadID: 4818 Views:2236 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Following my question on sqare pots, apart from strength, why are there no square billys or cups or thermos flasks or beer cans so as to make packing the 4wd so much more efficent ?.

Terry.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michelle from ExplorOz - Friday, May 09, 2003 at 23:57

Friday, May 09, 2003 at 23:57
I know EXACTLY what you're saying. The trick is to keep the square boxes they all come in and pack them in your vehicle in that. The gaps are great for stuffing all sorts of useful things too.ExplorOz
AnswerID: 19557

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 07:07

Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 07:07
Terry what we do is take the handles of every thing as in pots and screw the handle of the cast iron frypan.I get the pots from a second hand shop find the ones that will fit inside one another and the lids wil also stack all in one another. Then go home and take the handles off most are only pop riverted on .Go to your friendly camp store and buy a Trange pot lifter and that also fits inside the pots.
With the camp ovens find the ones that will also stack inside one another and wrap the inside one in an old tea towell .
All the best
EricCape York Connections
AnswerID: 19568

Reply By: diamond(bendigo) - Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 14:37

Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 14:37
the most important part of any 4wd equipment is square
the esky to keep beer cold loleaster fun at jamison
AnswerID: 19585

Reply By: Member - Barnes - Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 14:59

Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 14:59
Hi Terry

we brought a hillbilly camp oven, which is made of gun steel and heaps lighter than the cast iron version (they are dearer)

in it I can fit a round cake tin, a tea towel (to stop the rattling) and two saucepans that we got from Rays Outdoors. The handles on the saucepans flip back over the top of the lid and clip down and they fit iinside one another. Plus the grill that goes in the base of the camp oven to lift things like the cake tin of the bottom and prevent burning.

all this fits in the camp oven bag that we brought with the camp oven

I have baked cakes, made scollaped potatoes, dumplings the works in the camp oven and found it a lot more user friendly than the cast iron ones with I find too heavy when full of stew etc.

the whole lot takes about 40cm x 40 cm and 15 cm deep
AnswerID: 19679

Reply By: Kev - (Cairns,QLD) - Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 20:30

Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 20:30
Im still looking for some square eggs so they dont roll around and break !LOL
AnswerID: 19694

Sponsored Links