Piranha Dual batt tray fitting for 4.2td Patrol

Submitted: Saturday, May 10, 2003 at 21:01
ThreadID: 4839 Views:1677 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Have just fitted Piranha Dual battery tray to my 2001 4.2td patrol. I am not 100% happy with the fit as the coolant overflow bottle is hard up against the front of the tray (ie under pressure). Is this normal & will it cause any problems in the long term ??
I just feel that @ $110 it should fit like a glove, am I asking to much ???

Any sugesstions welcomed !
Brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Autolec - Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 17:19

Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 17:19
It would not matter if it was hard up against the tray as long as the coolant bottle or the battery tray does not move to cause friction and consquently wearing of the bottle. For $110 I would have expected them to have overcome this issue by indenting the base and making it fit properly Perhaps I should start manufacturing these battery trays to fit vehicles and market them direct including proper wiring system.
AnswerID: 19680

Follow Up By: diamond(bendigo) - Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 17:27

Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 17:27
gday autolec.
not a bad idea doing them yourself.
ill go into it with you
sell them for $80.
and still make a heap of moneyeaster fun at jamison
FollowupID: 12480

Reply By: diamond(bendigo) - Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 17:24

Sunday, May 11, 2003 at 17:24
im not sure about the gu but on my gq i had the same promlem with my over flow .
on the gq there was a cpl of nuts in the chassis not far from the original bottle mounts so i moved it over about an inch away from the tray.
if theres no nuts there on a gu is it possible to move it away from tray and remount the bottle.
ps if it is possible to remount bye drilling new holes
i would recomend using quarter inch bolts with flat washers each side and nylock nuts.
hope this is some helpeaster fun at jamison
AnswerID: 19682

Reply By: Michael - Monday, May 12, 2003 at 16:56

Monday, May 12, 2003 at 16:56
Hi Brian, The ARB one is ok for 4.,2 td GU , its actually loose inside the battery tray, you have to use a couple of self tapping screws to stop it rattling around, so i suppose in a word, NO, you are not asking too much. If companies are making gear to fit vehicles, it should be engineered to suit, just like the original equipment does. Michael
AnswerID: 19765

Sponsored Links