Mk Patrol Lift problem

Submitted: Monday, May 12, 2003 at 21:02
ThreadID: 4870 Views:1345 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have an Mk LWB patrol with extended shackles and have just purchased a set of reset springs. Now they are fitted I find that i need to replace my shockers. Apparently I need about 600mm travel. Can somene please help me with the right brand to buy who have this much travel

Thanks

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: diamond(bendigo) - Monday, May 12, 2003 at 21:24

Monday, May 12, 2003 at 21:24
how much lift did the new springs give.
what shocks do you have now.
600mm seems a lot of travel unless you have gone a 4 inch lift.
some 4by shops tell you as soon as you lift your car you must replace shocks.rubish.way i test shocks with lift is simple.
jack up your 4by if shocks bottom out before springs fully extend then they do need extra length.
when you jack up your 4by and they do bottom out measure from bottom of rim to bottom of guard above the rim.
lower back down and undo your shocker and then measure it again and difference should be the length you need in a longer shock.
hope this is some help.
as for where to buy/what to buy options are endless.
check archives for good/bad shockslooking foward to september(landcruiser park/fraser island)
AnswerID: 19801

Reply By: rich00 - Monday, May 12, 2003 at 21:44

Monday, May 12, 2003 at 21:44
Thanks mate, my mistake

Well I should have said.

The lift was 5" on front and 4" on rear. I will be having the fronts reset on wednesday. i have standard shocks on at the moment and at the rear when the vehicle is on the ground, the shocks miss the mount by about 30mm.
AnswerID: 19802

Follow Up By: brett - Monday, May 12, 2003 at 23:07

Monday, May 12, 2003 at 23:07
rich,

Rancho are the only reliable way to go for long travel shocks. Rs5000 very good quality non adjustablu, RS9000 adjustable. Wolf Offroad have good prices on both and they will mail them. Try bretton1@bigpond.com if you need a quote or advise

Good luck
Brett
FollowupID: 12601

Sponsored Links