best prices available

Submitted: Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 21:51
ThreadID: 4934 Views:2144 Replies:5 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
just looking over the posts the last couple of days and theres a lot about best prices around.
now we all know heaps of people come to this forum so how about if someone was thinking of buying something the put up a post.eg
diamond asked about best price for warn winch 10000lb.
i dont mind and im sure most other regulars wouldnt mind phoning there local supplier of what ever people were looking for.
it wouldnt work for things like bushs ect.
but when it comes to say bull bars fridges spottys long range fuel tanks ect there could be savings of $100+ and freight isnt that much to most places.
just an idea
weaco 40ltr fridge in bendigo(vic) $755
now if someone was looking for one of them and a few people rang around and could get a better price they would buy it.looking foward to september(landcruiser park/fraser island)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 22:10

Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 22:10
The other thing Engel V waeco apart from Steel V Plastic, is Engel comes with 240V plug and stuff std. Waeco from what Im told is an extra purchase.

Anyone know?

Me.
Happy with NEW engel 40ltr in living room :D
AnswerID: 20159

Follow Up By: diamond(bendigo) - Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 22:32

Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 22:32
come on truckster take it out of your lounge and get out doors lol.
i remember a while ago you saying something about wombat state forest .do you go there often .i used to ride bikes there and would love to take the old gq there. looking foward to september(landcruiser park/fraser island)
FollowupID: 12894

Follow Up By: Ray M (Vic) - Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 22:43

Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 22:43
If I can get a day off work I'll be heading there soon. Gotta burn up some of this 29.5 LPG...Heeee Harrrrr, way to goHooroo
FollowupID: 12896

Follow Up By: diamond(bendigo) - Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 22:47

Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 22:47
why not put a post up teling us that your going there and we might get a few others.ill be therelooking foward to september(landcruiser park/fraser island)
FollowupID: 12897

Follow Up By: Ray M (Vic) - Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 23:33

Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 23:33
Will do, gotta get a day off work which is pretty damn hard at the moment.Hooroo
FollowupID: 12901

Follow Up By: Wazza (Vic) - Friday, May 16, 2003 at 03:02

Friday, May 16, 2003 at 03:02
Guys, I'd be up for a Wombat trip when I get back to Oz in 6 weeks (more rain by then I hope !). Have been out there a few times before as one of my mates lives in Sunbury and it's convenient to meet there for the start of a day trip.

Anyway, I just bought a new map for Wombat area from Opposite Lock, but I think everyone sells them. It is the Wombat State Forest 4wd Touring Guide from Meridian. Well worth the $13 as we have always been getting lost and going around in circles cos we have never had a decent map of the place. Always had fun though!

or a good freebie map, but doesn't show the good areas north and west of the map is page 2 and 3 of:

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources/05_0366.pdf

XL Track is good place to start.

Cheers,
Wazza
----------------------
FollowupID: 12908

Follow Up By: macca - Friday, May 16, 2003 at 22:18

Friday, May 16, 2003 at 22:18
Just an aside -for wazza and sorry not related to this post. I notice you run polyairbags.. whats the go with them any good etc?
thanks and now back to the news
FollowupID: 12983

Follow Up By: Wazza (Vic) - Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 00:27

Saturday, May 17, 2003 at 00:27
Hehe, sorry to hijack this thread Truckster! Yeah, the Polyairbags were on the car when I bought it. The guy before me used to tow a dual axel van and have the back loaded at the same time. It stops them sagging in the bum when loaded. I have not been using the car for towing, but it also firms up the ride in the rear when fully loaded and the thing handles unbelieveably if you want to throw it around on a twisty road. If towing, I would definately get them on another car next time. You have to keep a few psi in them to keep them seated right, you can't run them flat when not using them. If you pump them up to say 20-25 psi, it will lift the rear end about 1inch. I actually let them down once in a car park in the city when I was worried being that little bit too close for comfort to the fire sprinklers!! Dropped it about an inch and I think that would have been from 15psi to zero just to get me out of there. Basically, other than that, I forget they are there. Some people have had problems with cars where (I think) exhaust was very close to the springs, or they did not have pressure in them for a while and they got pinched, or something like that. There have been a few posts about it.Cheers,
Wazza
----------------------
FollowupID: 12991

Reply By: Jason (macca) - Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 22:11

Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 22:11
That sounds like a great idea. I am sure people
from this forum would save some big bucks. These days
the courier business is so cut throat you can get anything from
one side of Oz to the other for a really good price.

Just my thoughts
Jason
AnswerID: 20160

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 23:21

Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 23:21
used to live near wombat forest(yes i move a lot , till now) great spot for a drive/walk and ride.
i get Sundays off ill join you on a trip if u wanna do the convoy .1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
AnswerID: 20167

Follow Up By: Ray M (Vic) - Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 23:38

Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 23:38
Bwedy another dual cab. Some great big holes in that forest also, scared the daylights outta me.Hooroo
FollowupID: 12902

Follow Up By: diamond(bendigo) - Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 23:51

Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 23:51
sounds like a nice sunday drive should be happening soon.im available most sundays and with this recent rain could be funlooking foward to september(landcruiser park/fraser island)
FollowupID: 12905

Reply By: Slammin - Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 23:28

Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 23:28
As usual, buyer groups have been doing it in the US for a fair while for everything from home loans to cars, yep it certainly would be worth consideration.

What worries me though is that the markets will be so cut throat due to dutch auctions that any follow up service etc. would be too expensive to provide if u know what I mean.

BUT that does sound like a bloody good price? and the buyer is always right.
AnswerID: 20168

Reply By: Wim - Friday, May 16, 2003 at 08:45

Friday, May 16, 2003 at 08:45
Hi All.
The concept sounds good but i have some concerns. Please consider the following.

It is unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little.
When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that is all.
When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything,
because the thing jou bought was incapable of doing the thing is was bought to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done.

If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run.

And if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.

John Ruskin 1860.

RegardsWim
AnswerID: 20183

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Friday, May 16, 2003 at 20:00

Friday, May 16, 2003 at 20:00
Wim,

It is obvious who the business people are around here. I also got a blast when I decided to tell the readers about the cost of not doing business with local companies. We were talking to Magellan about pricing and the whole online world decided to go buy from the US. It only makes the local businesses have more trouble, sack staff etc etc.

It comes down to what you value more, your country and lifestyle or a few extra bucks. I still have my opionion and stick to it.

Wim, I did a bit of moderating on this one * it was a waste of my web space * and was not called for by the respondant.

Truckster, good job mate you have upset a new member to the point of wanting to leave my site. I will not have this happening to my membership from non members, unless you can raise our funding to keep going.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 12965

Sponsored Links